-->

Make Me Happy...


Ten things that are making me ridiculously happy this week...


Painting pots. Nothing beats a stressful day like two grown women painting pots next to a bunch of five-year-olds having a birthday party.

There is a place right outside Milwaukee called La Terraza, and it's a paint your own pottery studio. Really, it's meant for little kids and their birthday parties... and of course, me. My friend Kat and I decided to make painting pots our Sunday afternoon activity, and it was awesome. Our pots {well, we both painted bowls} are currently being fired, but I'm extremely excited for the finished products.



My new cutting board. Williams Sonoma. $29. Happy girl.

New Girl. 'I'm about to go and pay this $800 fine, and my checks have baby farm animals on them, bitch!' Zooey Deschanel is just too funny.

My new smoothie blender. It's significantly quieter than my old blender, and it's tiny... and orange, and only cost me $25. I love it.

When television shows have episode titles. I was watching Sex and the City the other day, and the fact that the episode began with a simple black screen with a white serif title, made me feel like I was watching something a bit more special than your everyday sitcom full of bad jokes and bad acting.

Ikea. I stopped by the Ikea at Woodfield Mall {which by the way, does not make me happy... mall people are too much for me} on my way home from a meetings in Indiana and Illinois and I bought so many items that I had to rearrange my car a few times to make everything fit. I simply love Ikea.


Cellos. If you haven't already seen the Michael Jackson episode of Glee, then watch this performance of Smooth Criminal... you will have a completely new appreciation for cellos. 




Cinnamon Roasted Almonds. Emerald makes 'em, a seriously happy Meesch eats 'em.

My new scarf organizer. I found it at Ikea for $7 and I'm pretty sure it's made for ties, but since my scarf collection is reaching 60 {I'm not kidding}, I needed a better way to organize them... This little gem is currently hanging on the back of my closet door.


Cadbury eggs. I'm seriously just waiting for Valentines Day to be over so I can clear out Walgreens' stash of Cadbury eggs. 



What's making you ridiculously happy this week?


10 comments:

wHiT said...

loved that glee episodes.
-wHiT

Katie said...

Fabulous happy list. I love those paint your own pottery places. Making me happy: my new apartment, hot ginger cider that I'm drinking right now, new recipes, photography, and my pup.

Elle R. said...

oh I love painting pots!! in the usa I used to go to a pottery shop where u could eat and drink coffee also!!! love it =)

roha said...

i have the same scarf organizer - it's awesome!! that way i don't loose track of my 1467 (estimated number) different scarfs anymore ;)
xx romi

Shia said...

Great post!! I've never had the cinnamon almonds but I have had the chocolate dusted ones...yummy! You've tempted me to try the cinnamon! I love that scarf organizer...I myself only own like one scarf and I never wear it but I have some friends that probably have about 60 just like you. I am totally making their day today and telling them about it!

Happy Friday!!

♥ Shia

beka said...

0. i love pottery places. and painting. and collecting coffee mugs. ohmygoodnessgracious. :)

1. that orange smoothie blender sounds...really. cute.

2. ah! ikea!!! sorry. i have no more words. just a smile. :)

3. malls and mall people are too much for me, too. :P

4. your sentence about cadbury eggs cracked me up. ok, that sounds really punnish. sorry. i don't normally write stuff like that.
it made me laugh. i would like some chocolate now, thankyou. :)

[i reallyreally like your blog, btw. :) so crazy that you live in milwaukee! so. crazy. i have friends who live in a suburb of that beaming metropolis. lol.]

Brooke said...

Hi there! I just found your blog, and is it weird to say that after only reading a few posts, I'm already in love? You have the exactly perfect opinion about scarves and cellos and ikea, if I do say so myself :)

your newest follower,

Brooke
liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

A Girl Named Allie said...

I love New girl!!! Especially that line you posted. Soo funny. New follower! Here from your comment on my blog. Happyto have found yourcute blog.

Light as a Feather said...

That scarf hanger is a great idea! Mine are hung on what I guess is a towel rack, two of them actually. I have a collection.

rachael
lightasafeatherblog.blogspot.com

over the door towel rack said...

Fabulous happy list. I love those paint your own pottery places.

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch