-->

How Do You Deal With Stress?

Last week was insane for me. I over-scheduled, overbooked, overcompensated... I 'over' everything'd.

On more than one evening, I was asleep before 6:00 p.m., and I'm not even sick... just overworked. To be completely honest, I only got out of bed a few times this weekend... and that was only to get breakfast or lunch somewhere. Thank heavens the Lifetime Movie Network played The Bodyguard on repeat all weekend. Oh and of course I watched every single Harry Potter movie as well {thank you ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend marathon}...

{via}

I think my problem is that I take on way more than I can handle because I put my everything into everything I do. Though I like that about myself, it proves to be extremely exhausting.

When it comes to my friends, I give them my undivided attention, love, time, everything. To a fault. I get so lost in making sure they're happy that it leaves me no time to give my 'hundred percent' to any other aspect of my life. I am extremely lucky however, that my best friend is one of those rare people that genuinely cares about my well-being. People get so caught up in the drama of their own lives that they forget that everyone around them has a life of their own as well. {Thanks for being such an amazing friend, Kat!}

When it comes to projects and opportunities that arise, I find it increasingly difficult to say no. It's not that I don't have the ability to turn something down due to lack of time or energy, I just look at every opportunity as something that can move me closer towards my goals and dreams.

Luckily, when it comes to my boyfriend, I can relax a little and not have to try so hard to pull myself every which way. He's known me for the better part of ten years, so, if only for a second, he can talk me down a bit. The thing is, I can't keep relying on him to level me out when things get crazy.



So, when you find yourself over-scheduled, overbooked and over-everything'd... what is your stability? What is your sense of calm? What's the unique way you deal with stress?



5 comments:

Julie said...

My husband is my stress reliever....He can always find a way to make me laugh and calm me down. When he's not around or I feel like I'm relying on him a little too much =P, I do something artistic... a drawing, painting, something like that. If I'm just plain exhausted, I usually have a movie day....just veg on the couch and see what instant movies are on Netflix. lol

I have a problem saying no to people too....which is why I still have so many boxes to unpack in our new home. I've been helping my mom and also my friend move this week. LOL Go figure...

Julie
http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

debbiecutieface.com said...

you just described how I'm feeling to a T.

Heather said...

I hear ya girl - I've been getting overwhelmed lately... try yoga or get a massage - both help me to quiet down and enjoy the moment :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Anabelle said...

What you describe sounds familiar to me. Why do I have to be so perfectionnist? It's insane! And of course it causes a lot of stress. Well, unfortunately, I have found nothing that really works so far. I just try to tell myself to slow down a little, take time with my children, I try to laugh with my man, I create things, I write on my blog, read the blogs I like, these things calm me down.

Melissa Vega said...

Oh my goodness.
This point definitely describes what weaknesses and strengths as well. It is so difficult trying to find balance it in all because I'm always stuck in trying to take advantage of EVERY opportunity and be there for EVERY one.

I struggle everyday with finding the balance, but I've learned that sometimes its okay to say no and just to prioritize. For myself, I ask the question, "Am I going to remember this assignment or am I going to miss out on an opportunity with my loved ones?" or the opposite, "Can I miss out these dinner plans with my friends so I can write this important paper?" I guess it's just prioritizing, which I am definitely in the same boat.

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch