-->

11 Questions About Me...

One of my favorite bloggers is Romi over at RoHaFashion... if you like fashion that seems to know no bounds and gorgeous photography, check out her blog! She has such amazing style and I just love all her photos... 


Today, she tagged me in the 11 questions game. You get tagged by a fellow blogger, you answer 11 questions about yourself and then tag five other bloggers. Here are Romi's questions:


1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I felt like I lost touch with what inspired me... I got caught up in everyone else's lives around me and started getting so exhausted with entertaining everyone else's hobbies, interests and wants. It's almost as if I was completely giving in to what other people were telling me I should be and want, that I completely forgot what I was truly interested in and wanted for my own life. Starting my blog got me back on track with just wanting to be simple and beautiful again. It truly has brought back a passion in me that I thought I lost once I started 'being an adult'.




2. What do your friends and family think about your blog?
Well, my friends love it because they get all the food I make for my blog {and yes, I make the food specifically for my blog. This blog is my motivation to make new things and spend my time doing something worthwhile, rather than boring and unmemorable}. Surprisingly enough, a lot of my male friends follow my blog for that specific purpose... they like looking at photos of the food I make! Before starting this blog, I wasn't as close with my family as I would have hoped. I didn't really let many people into my life because I was very wrapped up in being a part of my friends lives. The purpose behind this blog and everything that has come of it, has really helped connect me back to my family. I even have something to talk to my grandpa about now! I know that sounds odd, but I always struggled to find common ground with my grandpa. Since starting this blog, all we do is talk about how he used to be a photographer and the recipes I come up with. He's pretty proud of me :)



Sidenote: the other night, I made a pizza with ricotta cheese, red onion marmalade and prosciutto for my boyfriend. After I cut and plated the pizza, he said 'wait, why didn't you photograph it first?'. As much as that made me laugh, it's nice to know that he supports my blogging!

3. What's your favorite trend for spring 2012?
Tangerine! I can't wait till I don't have to wear my bulky black parka everywhere. I'm ready for colors.


4. How much time do you invest in your blog?
Honestly, a lot. But only because I genuinely enjoy it. It's my motivation to get out and take photos of my city, or spend an afternoon baking or cooking. I love to see what the finished product looks like though, and I get excited to share it with the world!




5. Who takes the photos of your blog?
I do. I rarely post photos of myself though.




6. Sweet or savory?
I love baking sweets because I truly love experimenting with those kinds of recipes, but I generally love eating anything savory. Anything buffalo flavored is probably my favorite.



8. What's your favorite make-up brand?
Benefit. Hands down. I swear by erase paste.


9. Do you have any pets?
No! My old pup, Marley, passed away a few years ago and he was the best dog I could have ever asked for. It makes me so sad, but I genuinely do not have the time to give an animal all the love and attention they need :( Soon though, I'm in desperate need of a running partner!

Marley dog, miss him dearly!

10. What's your favorite city to go shopping?
Chicago. Though I love Milwaukee, I don't think there is any good shopping here... whenever I have an entire day to dedicate to the trip, I'll visit my hometown - I have a few favorites over in Lincoln Park that I can't get enough of.

11. What makes you happy right now?
My boyfriend. 

When you're in your twenties, you get so much pressure to grow up and be mature. Pressure from your parents, pressure from your friends, pressure from your job... He reminds me to grow up at my own pace. It's okay to be a kid once in a while! I buy him nerf guns and sling shots, he shoots me with them. It's a vicious circle, but I kind of love it.




The 5 bloggers I'm tagging now are:
Wren - Wren's House
Debbie - Debbiecutieface
Sarah - ComingUnstitched
Shia - World According to Shia
Mal - The Chic Geek



My 11 questions for you are:
1. What have you learned about yourself since you started your blog?
2. Who is your ultimate role model?
3. What is your ideal comfort food?
4. What is one thing you have never done or tried, that most people would be surprised to know about?
5. What kind of camera do you use for your blog?
6. What was your last exciting purchase?
8. Where do you spend the majority of your time shopping at?
9. What's the most interesting dish you've ever eaten/ordered/made?
10. If you could live in any other time period, what era would it be?
11. When you are the happiest throughout your day, what are you doing and who are you with?


Rules of the game:
1. Mention the blogger who tagged you with a link.
2. Answer the 11 questions.
3. Tag another 5 bloggers.
4. Let them know they were tagged.
5. Ask them 11 new questions.

8 comments:

debbiecutieface.com said...

yay thanks for tagging me!

Jo said...

Great post! :)

wHiT said...

i love love your photos.
-wHiT

Wren said...

Thanks for the tag! This was so much fun.

Wren

Nicki said...

Ah, I just love this whole idea. Supa great post!

roha said...

LOVED your answers!! thanks for saying so many lovely things about my blog, i'm seriously blushing right now :)
♥ romi

Mal said...

Thanks for tagging me! I look forward to going through the questions soon :-)

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Jayme and Mendi said...

I really enjoyed reading this to get to know you even better. I love how you talked about your blog motivating you to do more. Sometimes we all need to challenge ourselves to get out of our comfort zone. I know I do. We're going to be doing a similar type of 11 Fun Facts and Q&A session soon.

Ohhhh, shopping in Chicago...the best! I loved visiting last May. We had the time of our lives! We're planning a trip to San Francisco this year. Have you ever been there?

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch