-->

Make Me Happy...



Ten things that are making me ridiculously happy this week...


Whenever I see a GIF image online, it makes me feel like I'm reading a newspaper through Harry Potter's eyes.

{via}

A cancer walk for my aunt. My cousin and I have got all the details {location, date, t-shirts, time} sorted out for the run/walk we're organizing in memory of my aunt, and we're so ridiculously excited about it all. More details to come!

My new morning smoothie. One packet of sugar free hot chocolate, one banana, 1/4 cup skim milk, one tbsp reduced fat peanut butter and some ice. It's seriously fantastic.

Home Improvement. The writers of that show are geniuses. But I am madly in love with Tim Allen, so I suppose I'm a bit biased.

Video Editing. It's my new thing... video editing. I have continuous shoot on my Canon and have compiled a ton of photos to create somewhat of a 'stop action' slideshow of my sister's college graduation... I have to perfect it first, then I'll post it on the blog!

The days seem to be longer all of a sudden. It might just be me, but I feel like last night and this morning, the sun noticeably set later, and rose earlier. I understand how astronomy and daylight savings works, but it just seemed like a rather drastic and noticeable difference last night and this morning... a welcomed difference for sure. I need sunshine.

This song. Her voice is so beautiful.





Black and white Television. Most nights, I fall asleep to black and white TV. My favorite shows are The Twilight Zone, Perry Mason, I Love Lucy and Petticoat Junction {which isn't completely in black and white, but vintage none the less}. There's something calming about the sound quality of old shows that I just love.

{via}

Zest. Orange zest, lemon zest, lime zest... all of it makes me happy. It adds a flavorful bite of citrus to anything. I'm currently on a lemon zest kick, since I mistakenly bought 10 lemons for a recipe that only called for one. Oh well, I love lemons anyways... no harm, no foul.

Small plates. If a restaurant offers small plate options on their menu, I'm gaurunteed to come back. I don't think I've ever finished an entire meal when I've been out to eat, portions have simply gotten too big. Small plates mean I can get the same amount of food as a regular portion, but I can have two options off the menu instead of one... Perfect. {I just had lunch at Wicked Hop in the Third Ward and had a teeny tiny Caesar salad with grilled chicken, it made me happy.}



What is making you ridiculously happy this week?


13 comments:

Sm!Le said...

awesome post!! =)

http://elvche.blogspot.com/

ajg-jane said...

I too fall asleep to black and white television twilight zone, Alfred Hitchcock are my faves.. oh and perry of course!

Breanna said...

I love zest too! Any thing citrussy is amazing :)

Ana Carneiro said...

I'm ridiculously happy to have lots of work to do in things I like! I missed it!!!

http://myveryownoneyearproject.blogspot.com/
Thanks for following me! Following you back!

Jo said...

I love lucy is awesome!!! I think its my favorite...

debbiecutieface.com said...

right on about the first image. I felt like I was reading the Daily Prophet.

and...that song. Her voice. Wow. I'm speechless. I might just share on my blog, too.

wHiT said...

that song is fantastic! Her voice is fantastic, I love that song too!
-wHiT

Chon said...

hmmmm it's been a slow week Meesh :) oh hang on I FELT MY FIRST FLUTTERS, that was seriously cool. Salada's with hummus, cucumber and tomatoes from Wendy's Garden (remember summer here) and going for an evening dip on a hot summers night.

Cari Cantrell said...

Love this post!! and I couldn't agree more about old tv shows! I adore I Love Lucy, and The Twilight Zone is so good! I like watching Green Acres... Lisa had fabulous outfits. :)

Wren said...

I love everything on your list. I'm definitely excited to try your new morning smoothie.

Wren

Anabelle said...

Hey, just found your blog and I really enjoy it!
What makes me ridiculously happy this week, is my new hand bag.

Have a lovely day ♥

Jo said...

these are wonderful! and, ha, I love how you describe the gif thing - I always had that feeling, but couldn't quite put my finger on it, heh! oh and that smoothie sounds delicious, and healthy!

jo from slowcatharsis.blogspot.com

Lois said...

Love this post. It made me happy reading it. That first GIF is brilliant and the comment about Harry Potter made me giggle (I may have to quote you there).

- Lois x

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch