-->

Make Me Happy...


Ten things that are making me ridiculously happy this week...


This song. I love it. So much.



Tuesday night's episode of Glee. Finalllllly, Glee is getting back to normal. I guess I'm a sucker for kitschy pop covers of the latest radio hits set as a background to a synchronized swimming routine in a high school swimming pool. Now that American Horror Story is over for the season, Ryan Murphy can put his all back into Glee - Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love American Horror Story as well... Ryan Murphy really knows how to mesmerize the hell out of me. {sidenote: When Artie plopped his wheelchair into the pool, I was dying laughing}

{via}

When other people are insanely passionate about something. A guy I know is extremely passionate about photography. This I've always known. Now that he knows I'm trying to learn a bit more about it, he is divulging all of his wealth and knowledge onto me and I absolutely love it. It's not that it's a burden for him to teach me either, because you can tell he is so genuinely passionate about it. All he wants to do is share every bit of information he has learned and taught himself about this craft that he so openly loves. Not only am I learning so much about the heat levels and material make-up of different types of lamps, what stops to use when and how to quickly adjust all of my settings manually, but his passion for photography is absolutely rubbing off on me. Passion is contagious.

Reading posts about everyone heading back to school for spring semester. My first year out of school, I longed to be able to go back for the semester instead of struggling to pay my bills on an entry-level salary. Though I'm still nostalgic for the days when I could walk down the hall in my sweats and see every single one of my best friends... life gets so much better after college. It's all about balance. During the day, yes, I'd love to sleep in and lounge around all day watching murder she wrote {I really need to kick this show by the way, it's getting a little bit embarrassing}, but I get to go to a job I genuinely love every day and associate my name with projects that genuinely help move my company forward. I get to use what I learned to push myself forward in the world... it's oddly refreshing seeing your struggles really pay off. I guess what I'm getting at is that although I'm nostalgic for the carefree days of college, there's nothing like working your ass off and being rewarded for your abilities in life.

My family. It's safe to say my family has gone through a lot in 2012 already. It's brought me so much closer to them though, something that has been hard for me to do for the past few years. We've had our hard times and our disagreements, but to be able to genuinely tell someone I care about that I will be there for them no matter what... never leave them, never give up on them, never let them down... it's unbelievably calming. For the past few years, I was so wrapped up in a group of friends that ended up letting me down. It's not their fault, it's just that life takes over and pulls people apart. But the fact that I put my absolute everything into my friends and very little into my family, left me with a very unbalanced life. That's where my blog came in... This is my effort towards balance and what I genuinely love about life... the people that really bring out the passion for life, love and simplicity in me. I can honestly say that I have found my balance. I know who is important and I know who isn't worth putting so much effort towards. It's a relief to figure out what and who is important, and it allows me to love those things and those people so much more.

The Snow Calm. I'm sure there's an accurate term for it, but I love the calm that a blizzard brings. It blurs out the rest of the world... all there is, is white. It's a 'snow calm'.

{via}

Tumblr. I just love tumblr. I get ALL my inspiration from my tumblr page.

{via}

The smell of fresh basil. Seriously, nothing beats the smell of fresh basil. I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but to me, basil smells like butter, gin and dirt all mixed together... I just love basil. 

This. I want it. I found it on Etsy and although there are a few different kinds available, I love how tiny and simple this one is! 


The Fray | Scars & Stories. No, it's not out yet, but it will be on February 7th! I'm obsessed with The Fray and I heard a few songs off their new album when they played in Milwaukee for the Rock The Green festival... read about it here - that day was rather interesting, but made me love Isaac Slade of The Fray even more than I already did. My excitement for this album is pretty ridiculous. 


{via}


What's making you ridiculously happy this week?


8 comments:

wHiT said...

Awe I watched Glee last night too, but I was really wanting that swim suit! It is awesome!
-wHiT

Mal said...

I'm so happy glee is finally back!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

this is awesome, and totally agree with a lot of these. LOVE that jason mraz song, and that glee episode was incredible. was definitely not expecting the ending that it gave. and artie falling into the pool, CRIED laughing!
and i love the feeling of the calm during a snow storm when no one can go anywhere and everyone is just walking and enjoying being with each other!
xo TJ

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing everything! I stopped watching Glee because even though I love the music, I'm sick of the lame storylines and everyone being mad at each other. I have to admit, though, your review makes me want to check out that episode : ) Is that a new Jason Mraz song? Ha, my friend met his dad once. Fun times : ) I'm excited about a new album from The Fray as well! It's been a long time! I miss the snow!

Jenn

passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I absolutely adore Glee! And American Horror- I hope that comes back for a second season :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Wren said...

I love this list. Reading it makes me happy. That ring is so beautiful.

Songbook said...

This is such a beautiful post! I love the things that are making you ridiculously happy!

btw, I'm having a giveaway on my blog! You should check it out!!

Jayme and Mendi said...

What's making me ridiculously happy this week: rushing home after work in the evening to my husband and girls (2 chocolate Labs), getting into something cozy & catching up on some TV that I'm far too behind on for my own good. ;)

Love what you said about your family. It's so true. Over the course of the past two years, I've prioritized the people in my life in the appropriate place that they deserve, weeded out some friends who really weren't all that great & focused my attention on what makes me truly happy. Some may call selfish; I call it necessary. It makes me a better version of myself.

Thanks, as always, for sharing your thoughts with us.

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch