-->

It's Been Quite The Week...

I usually have a post full of things that make me ridiculously happy. This week however, has been full of... well, a lot. So instead of ten things that make me ridiculously happy this week, I just have a few simple thoughts about anything and everything...

-This week, I celebrated my aunt's life. My aunt Terri was simply an amazing woman. She was just so full of energy, laughter, sarcasm, passion... she's the reason I see beauty in everything. She passed away on January 2nd after a long battle with bladder cancer. I've cried, I've mourned and I've grieved. But to see around 500 people show up to celebrate my aunt's wonderful life on January 10th, made me so incredibly happy. We laughed, we drank, we told stories about birds pooping on hot dogs {don't ask, haha}... it was truly a celebration of who she was and how she impacted so many of our lives. She was such a phenomenal woman and she would have been so thrilled to know that in honor of her, we threw one hell of a party.



-I'm feeling a lot better this week since my little, um, 'accident' on New Years. I can walk pretty easily now, but I still have these little shiners to deal with... gross, I know.



-I chopped off my hair. Stressful times call for drastic measures... for my hair. Photos to come...

-I still haven't chosen my book in order to complete my January goal! I wanna throw out the 'I've been too busy this week to do it' excuse, but that's how resolutions die... There's no time like the present. Guess a trip to Barnes & Noble is in order.

-My little sister is the most creative dresser ever. I look in her closet and I see laces, stripes, neons, patterns... everything. I look in my closet and I see... black, white and gray. Although I'm a bit jealous of her style, it's her own, and it works. It does not however, work for me. I guess this all pertains to the fact that I've accepted that I'm kind of a boring dresser. Oh well.

-Is there a Murder She Wrote box set? Even if it's on VHS, I'll take it. Angela Landsbury... now there's a real woman.

-I got a coffee from Cosi today, and it was terrible. I'm very particular with my coffee and I just did not care for this brew... yet five minutes later, I looked down and my cup was empty... damn you Wisconsin winter, you're forcing me to drink terrible coffee for warmth and survival.


This week has been... rough. The weekend cannot come soon enough.

9 comments:

wHiT said...

omg those shiners are brutal hun!
-wHiT

Ashley said...

I admire your positive energy SO MUCH, and I love your blog.

If you're in the market for a lovely read, I highly suggest 'The Paris Wife' by Paula McLain. It's a novel written from the point of view of Ernest Hemingway's first wife. I couldn't put it down when I was reading it, and it isn't terribly long (definitely doable for the end of January!)

http://haveheart-ashley.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

I've been thinking about you, Meesch. Dealing with so much right now! But also, Murder She Wrote!! I'm always so excited when I find other J.B. Fletcher lovers. Do you have netflix? You know the whole series is on streaming? I watch it at least once a week. My favorites are the ones in Cabot Cove because I love Seth Hazlitt. But there is definitely a box set - I've scoped it out on Amazon. :)

Wren said...

I'm amazed at how positive you are being through all of this and that you are still blogging through it. It's so inspiring. I hope your weekend is relaxing and free of stress.

Wren

debbiecutieface.com said...

oh my gosh your leg! I'm so glad it's feeling a bit better!

I'm also really sorry about your aunt but I am so inspired by the way you are dealing with the loss :)

anddd...as for your question...you know, the problem with Crohn's is that it affects everyone differently, so...everyone has to find recipes that work for them, unfortunately :( It's a big pain in the butt, lol

Jenn said...

Wow, intense week! I'm so glad to hear the way your aunt was remembered - it reminds me when my grandmother died. We mourned, but we also celebrated her life, and in the end I felt like she was honored and I felt like I was healed. Wow, I'm sad to hear Cosi's coffee is so bad! Still, I wish we had one here. I live in the middle of nowhere.

Jenn

passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

ellerbrown said...

Sorry to hear about your difficult times. Hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Since you like Murder she Wrote (and who doesn't by the way) I would highly recommend a read of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Or if you've read those I really enjoyed The Help. Easy to read and totally enjoyable.

Hugs from wintry England

PS If you like Murder She Wrote you should try and get your hands on the BBC detective series Death in Paradise. I thought it was awesome!

Kristen @ Confessions of a GDS said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt... I can totally relate. My aunt passed away last May. I got to fly home to CT, and the celebration of life was an amazing experience. We also threw one hell of a party afterwards :) Hang in there, dear. Hopefully your weekend bring you some much needed rest.

xchocoxloverx said...

I know how you feel with the whole dressing conundrum, but don't fret! You're sister is probably envious of your clean, modern aesthetic. It's something that's hard to do on purpose, so celebrate it!
And don't go to Barnes and Nobles! Heck, go to a library and save yourself $20+.....
I can't wait to see your hair pictures, I've got waist length hair, and I'm cutting it in February. :o

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch