-->

I Feel Like I've Been Hit By A Truck... Or a Honda Civic...

So, I had a less than stellar beginning to 2012.

I literally rang in the new year by getting hit by a car... while I was walking in a crosswalk.

Here's their windshield... At least I didn't go all the way through it.


I spent the whole morning on January 1st getting my entire body X-rayed... Happpppy new year!

I've been advised not to say anything about the actual incident from a legal standpoint, but I want to tell you all why I may or may not be very present this week on the blog...

First of all, I'm really lucky that my head only hit the windshield and not the pavement, because I could have easily suffered a serious head trauma, which I'm so thankful to have somehow miraculously avoided. The most serious of my injuries is to the pinky finger on my right hand, which only sustained a hairline fracture, but I no longer have feeling or mobility in. The doctor that treated me said I might be able to get sensation back through physical therapy, but for now, I can't feel it and I can't move it. It makes typing a bit more difficult and apparently just holding things in general, since I've already dropped a glass and a bowl since I've been home.

My back, which suffered the majority of the force from both the car and the ground, is not broken, thank God. My lower back hurts more than I can describe, and it is very difficult to walk, sit, lay... or really do anything.

My left leg and ankle have the most visible injuries. They're pretty much a solid black and blue, but thankfully, aren't broken either.

I'm lucky to be alive... so say the doctors that treated me. Even though I curse every action that led up to the accident, I'm so thankful that it wasn't a second later... otherwise I could have been thrown over the car or ended up underneath it. Sidenote: I didn't shed one tear over this whole situation. I'm pretty proud of how tough I was about it all!

I'm also very thankful for my boyfriend, who unfortunately saw the whole thing from the other side of the street. He said he would never get the image of me flying across the street out of his head, which is justtttt great. I told him to picture me wearing a superhero cape next time, so it's a little less embarrassing for me, haha. But that guy came to my rescue when it happened and then slept in the waiting room while I went through hours of x-rays... <3

Oh yes, and I'm also thankful for this FANTASTIC Christmas present from him as well...
{ya know, just me and Tim Allen... the absolute love of my life. I could not stop laughing when I got this}  putting his photoshop skills to good use... what a guy = )



So, if the new year started out like this, it can only get better, right? Knock on wood that I don't get run over by another car tomorrow...

Oh hello painkillers, thanks for finally kicking in...


What else ya got for me, 2012?


28 comments:

debbiecutieface.com said...

oh my God. I'd been wondering why you've been a bit more absent than usual. I'm so glad you're okay and so sorry to hear about the pain...please get better!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon xx

ryann said...

prayers for a speedy recovery!!!

Teresa said...

Oh Sweetie! This is absolutely dreadful and painful even to read about...

Do get some rest, get well... you know those things people usually say but can't really understand how it helps the injured part.

Love your boyfriend too. Add to that cape some seriously sexy underwear.

Praying for your recovery. And hang on with those legal matters...

Take Care,
Teresa

ktmade said...

Oh my goodness - I'm so sorry to hear about this but so glad that you're doing okay (at least, sort of okay) and that you have a sweetheart taking care of you!

Hazel said...

Jesus that's crazy! I'm glad you're okay though and will recover soon. I think I'd cry my heart out if I saw my boyfriend being hit by a car!

http://pablosangel.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

OMG girl - prayers being sent your way... that is an awful way to start the new year!

XO
www.pearlandpaws.blogspot.com

Al said...

OMG!!! I cannot believe it, darlin - I'm so glad you are ok, despite the laundry list of injuries :( You poor girl, thinking of you and hoping 2012 goes up from here!!

Wren said...

Holy wow. I'm so glad you are alive. Stay strong and you'll make it through.

Julie said...

oh my god....I am so sorry!!! I'm glad to hear that you are doing as well as you are....geez! That's horrible! I hope the rest of the year goes better for you!!

http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados, and the Bay said...

Oh my gosh!! How horrible, but you're also lucky that your injuries aren't more severe! Sending lots and lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way

Whit said...

OMG HUN!!!! That's definitely not a good start. Wishing you all the best.
-wHiT
www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry this happened to you. I recently found your site and love reading about Milwaukee. Every June I travel there to attend the Bead and Button show and always make a point to do some sightseeing - love the lake. Hope you mend well and stay strong. You have a great attitude.
Jeanette from Pa.

Kay Bee said...

Oh my gosh! How terrible. I guess it's a (small) blessing you weren't more seriously injured. Hope you feel better soon!

seems said...

that's horrible! I'm glad you're alive though!! that must have been the most traumatizing terrifying experience ever. Get some rest and hope you feel better soon!

(the present is adorable!)

Grace said...

omg! Hope and pray that everything goes okay. You have such a great attitude and the year will get better!

Chon said...

Oh hon that is terrible. You say it like it is no big deal but it kinda is and I hope you are going to be 100% aok.

The Tim Allen present is absolutely fabulous!!!

I hope you had a good new years before the Honda Civic went a little psycho.

meesch said...

Thank you for all the kind comments! Today has been a bit more difficult than yesterday, but I can move my neck now which is a great sign! I'll keep everyone posted!

-meesch

Cameron said...

This is soooo terrible, but Whitney and I are sooooo glad you're ok

roha said...

omg!! i'm glad that nothing 'worse' happened!! i hope you'll get better very soon...and that you can sue the hell out of that driver who hit you!
♥ romi

Cari Cantrell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cari Cantrell said...

Oh no! I am SO sorry!! I hope you get to feeling better soon!
xo,

Cari

Stephanie said...

oh.my.god. I'm so glad you're okay!!! Holy crap. You have such a positive outlook. I hope you're feeling better as soon as possible.

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

wow, and I though my new year was bad. I just spent a fortune on a few 'tune ups' for my car. Looks like yours will need more than that. I'm so sorry!

Anne Mage said...

Ohmigosh! Wishing you a speedy recovery

Jayme and Mendi said...

Oh my gosh! So glad you're OK. We're wishing you a very speedy recovery. Get lots of TLC from that sweet boyfriend and enjoy some R&R while you recoop.

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

wow...thankgoodness you are ok- how scary! Rest up and hope you get well soon! :)

Shia said...

OMG! Well I am glad to hear that you are okay. I bet that had to be the scariest thing ever for you and your bf who saw the whole thing. I agree ~ you have are pretty upbeat for the whole thing. Laughter is the best medicine. I hope you feel better soon!!

♥ Shia

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch