-->

Homemade Ginger Apple Jam...


It's no secret that I love Chobani yogurt. And as much as I eat yogurt, sometimes it gets a bit monotonous and you just need to spice things up a little! I'll add honey, homemade granola, fruit and now, homemade ginger apple jam! 

I topped off my Saturday morning Chobani with some of my new jam, and it was amazing. This recipe is so easy and tastes and smells like heaven. I actually tore apart my kitchen looking for a slice of bread or graham cracker to accompany the remaining jam, but since I've dedicated my new year to eating and baking healthier, I found absolutely ZERO carbs... stupid diet.

Anyways, if you have an extra 20 minutes and four apples, you could really make any kind of spiced jam you want! It's so very easy and delicious - expect some more jam and jelly recipes to come your way... I think I've found my 2nd calling in life, aside from running puppy photographer of course.





Homemade Ginger Apple Jam...
adapted from the temptations

  • 4 large apples
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp fresh ground ginger
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Preparation

  • Peel and core 4 large apples, then cut into small chunks. 
  • In a small saucepan, combine apples and water over medium heat. Cover and let simmer till apples are very soft.
  • Add sugar and stir for about five minutes, until the mixture thickens. 
  • Add lemon juice, ginger and vanilla and combine well. Remove from heat once the mixture is thick and almost gel-like and place into sterilized mason jars.
  • Let sit, uncapped, for a few minutes to cool, then cap the jars and place in the refrigerator until fully cooled.

enjoy...


7 comments:

wHiT said...

Oh my, I love ginger...I may just have to try this. :)
-wHiT

www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

Jessa Belle said...

How delicious does this sound/look! Yum! Never thought of this combo but can definitely imagine it!

Love & Lollies... Jessa

Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

debbiecutieface.com said...

this is absolutely incredible and I wish I didn't have Crohn's disease so I could eat it. Ugh. I'm so bitter.

Shannon said...

This is exactly what I need! Thank you.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Amanda k. said...

Chobani yogurt is my favorite too, what a great idea to spice it up!

Heather said...

You never cease to amaze me with your inventions!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

♥AdamAlexMommy♥ said...

meesch, great recipe. my kids would love it! looks amazing. :) great blog. enjoyed browsing... and new follower. hoping to stay connected. cheers!
xoxo
jasmine
http://adamalexmommy.com

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch