-->

Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk...


This blog has not only given me the ability to express all my life passions in one place, but it’s also given me so many amazing opportunities that I would have never previously dreamed of. As my seriously appreciated workload increases {Idle hands are the devil’s handiwork, oh the trouble you’ll get into – Words of wisdom from LeAnn Rimes}, I’m finding it increasingly difficult to organize all the new clutter I’ve recently accumulated, since I currently reside in a two bedroom apartment the size of most people’s living rooms. 

Over the next few months, I will be starting my new apartment search. Requirements: A bigger kitchen with wayyyyy more counter space, a balcony that doesn’t have a solid brick wall view and an office. The kitchen and the office are really key, since I got a little selfish with the balcony demand {I have a second balcony off of my living room that has a great view… well, behind the power lines that are literally within arms reach. Code violation? Probably.}. Since my newly accumulated massive kitchen inventory will surely fill my new kitchen space {that I really hope is fairly large!}, I still need a home for my laptop, mountains of paperwork and well, everything else that I can’t find a home for. 

And so begins the search for the perfect writing desk…

_________

Why is a raven like a writing desk? 
'Because Poe wrote on both'
-Sam Lloyd, 1914









1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

8 comments:

debbiecutieface.com said...

ooh I love all the white furniture. Good luck searching for an apartment!

briannelee said...

I also need a new desk... I think I am going to try to find an antique.

Have fun apartment hunting!

I am having Michelle Chang jewelry giveaway on my blog!

http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-years-giveaway.html

Nicole said...

These photos are great! That's so exciting you're looking for a new place and will be setting up an office!

I just bought a white desk as well for a small office in my already teeny tiny apartment :) Found a great one at Ikea. Having that little section for yourself to be constructive and focused is crucial. Hope you're lucky in finding the perfect one for you! I'll keep my eyes peeled for some nice desks and will send links to some suggested sites if you'd like :)

Joanna said...

I LOVE the 3rd and 5th desks, but all of them are very pretty!

Kristen @ Confessions of a GDS said...

oh my GOSH i'm in love with these! if i ever actually got off the couch and sat at a desk like normal people i would totally go for that last look... gorgeousssss! iwantiwantiwant!

Amira said...

The last picture of that wooden desk is a dream! I want it!!!

Love your blog -- following you too :-)

Amira

amiragray.blogspot.com

Whit said...

That's awesome! Let me know how it turns out. I'm sure if you are cooking...it will be outstanding! Love that last desk picture in this post too!
-wHiT

www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

kori said...

Oh, I could have written this exact post! I'll be hunting for an apartment in the new year too and one of my requirements is a good kitchen now that I spend so much time baking and cooking. Also required: space for my desk! Love the photos you posted for creative space inspiration. Good luck with your search! Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch