-->

Tudor Style Fireplaces...


Milwaukee had it's first snow yesterday... It's safe to say that I will be spending a significant amount of my days and nights indoors for a few months. I actually spent my whole weekend indoors, watching Harry Potter movies... to be completely honest. I have the strangest taste in movies... I would watch Disney Channel Original Movies all day if I could, yet, my favorite movie of all time is the Godfather Part II.... it makes no sense to me either. 

So, since I'm spending my days bundled up next to my non-existent fireplace, watching movies about teenage wizards that are probably meant for an age group that's about ten years younger than I am, I felt it fitting to search out gorgeous fireplaces that reminded me of the English Tudor style decor they feature in those movies. If you've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, then don't worry about it... just fall in love with these awesome Tudor style fireplaces like I did!








1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 /

10 comments:

LeeLee said...

Wow, I love the last photo. All white decor, but still pretty amazing.

debbiecutieface said...

looks like you and I have the exact same (bizarre) taste in movies...and I would kill to be sitting by a fireplace right now! It's so cold!

The Baker said...

These are sweet fireplaces. I LOVE all of them!

Leslie R. said...

So pretty! We don't have a fireplace, so I've set up a found mirror (yay!) on a side table against the wall. In front of it are varied size pillar and votive candles. When they are all lit and flickering in the mirror, it gives a kind of cozy fireplace feeling :)

meesch said...

@leslie r. - that is an awesome idea! I currently have an oversized mirror leaning up against the wall so I'm totally stealing your pillar candle idea!

Grace said...

wow. these are all so stunning!

thanksgrace.blogspot.com

Melissa Blake said...

Those are beautiful...don't want to make you jealous, but my fireplace is sooo warm! xoxo

Emily said...

Ahh...so comfy and inviting looking. Makes me want to leave the city and go to a house in the woods!

Oh - Fancy That.

www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com said...

I love that 3rd picture with the ornate details!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Wow, I have only recently developed a weird obession with Tudor style homes, and all these fireplaces are making it stronger. I wish I could see how the houses in the pictures look like from outside. I mean, they obviously do have the some of the most important characteristics of Tudor architecture, fireplaces and chimneys, but I would love to see their overall style nonetheless.

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch