-->

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Blondies with Chocolate Banana Ganache...

Last week was crazy. I was a frantic, traveling mess... leaving me zero time to blog, catch up on my favorite reads, answer e-mails or even sleep. BUT, now that I'm back, I want to give a few shout outs to some lovely reads I missed while I was away!


Romi over at Roha Fashion is doing an awesome advent calender on her blog, and she featured me as her day #2! If you've never been over to Roha Fashion, do it. now. This girl has amazing style and her site is one of my absolute favorites!

Julie, who pens Julie's This and That, has this adorable DIY Ornament Christmas Wreath. I have such a bad habit of finding all these awesome DIY projects and putting them on my crafting bucket list, but never actually accomplishing them... this one however is an absolute must for me {since I feel like I can't possibly screw this one up!}

Head over to Chef Katelyn if you want an instant pick me up... her blog makes me laugh; the way she writes just kind of reminds me not to take anything too seriously... I love this girl!

This next girl is so cute... Her name is Wren and she pens this blog, here! She's pretty much my style soul mate... except for she's got really great hair... and well, mine... currently isn't. Read my post here for a quick photo recap on what happened to my hair = ( 
{after I typed that I realized it sounded like something crazy and dramatic happened to my hair... unfortunately, it's not crazy and dramatic... it's actually a really boring story, oops.}



So, onto another post about food!



On Sunday nights, I make my rounds, delivering the baked goods I've made over the weekend to friends and family that live near me. This past Sunday, I had so many stops that I literally felt like Santa Clause... not to mention, I'm running out of Tupperware! 

Anyways, a friend of mine requested peanut butter. Peanut butter cookies seem too common, and I just made peanut butter muffins a few weeks back, so peanut butter blondies seemed like a fitting choice. I wanted to add a bit more flavor though, so I added a chocolate banana ganache. In all honesty, I think I over did it on the ganache... I would have liked for it to be a thinner layer and a little less chocolatey... but then again, I'm not a fan of chocolate, so of course I'm a bit biased.


Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Blondies with Chocolate Banana Ganache...
adapted from Smitten Kitchen

  • 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 large eggs plus 1 large yolk
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

For Ganache

  • 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup mashed banana

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan with tinfoil, then spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
  • In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until mixture is light and fluffy, then add peanut butter and beat until incorporated. Beat in whole eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low, then mix in flour until just combined.
  • Fold in chocolate chips, then spread batter in baking pan, smoothing top. (The batter will be very thick, like cookie dough.)
  • Bake for 40-45 minutes until brownies are lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
  • Cool completely in pan on a rack.

For Ganache

  • In a small sauce pan, bring chocolate chips and milk to a simmer and add mashed bananas. Make sure to whisk constantly while the ganache is over heat, otherwise it will burn. Stir well until the banana is thoroughly combined. 
  • Remove from heat and pour a thin layer over the completely cooled brownies. Make sure the ganache evenly covers the entire pan.
  • Place the pan in the refrigerator for an hour. After an hour, remove foil from pan, cut your brownies into small squares, and serve!

enjoy...

2 comments:

debbiecutieface said...

those blondies are making me drool.

Shannon said...

Oh YUM!!!!

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch