-->

Make Me Happy...


Ten things that are making me ridiculously happy this week...


The fact that as I'm writing this, I'm watching a Murder She Wrote Marathon. I'm actually not too sure how I feel about this, now that I see it typed out... I think I need a new hobby. See ya lata, Angela Landsbury.


Being back home. Here's my life story in a few sentences: My parents moved around a lot when I was growing up, so I was never in the same place for too long. Basically, I don't have a home town, or a childhood bedroom, or picture frames from my youth scattered around my parent's home. When I visited my mom this past weekend however, I felt more at home than I ever have before; it was so comforting, and 25 years in the making! Side note: my mom sent me home with a bin full of our baby pictures to sort through... Sooooo excited to see photo after photo of a tall, lanky, awkward red headed kid that wore pink windbreakers and water shoes like it was her job. {that's my baby sister and I by the way... nothin' like cruisin' around on your first set of wheels...}

New boots. I've not been shopping for anything other than re-stocking my pantry in what feels like years {another statement that just confirms that fact that I might need a new hobby...}. So, when I was back home this past weekend, we felt a small shopping trip was in order. I got two new pairs of suede wedge boots that smell like brand new suede boot heaven, which, for the next few weeks, I have every intention of being ultra protective of. Some friends and I went out for drinks on Saturday night and upon the moment I felt a spilling drink was coming anywhere near my new boots, I booked it to the other side of the room... you can't tell me you don't do that too... It's like when you first paint your nails; you know they're dry hours after you've painted them, but you're still extra cautious with your hands... and I literally just spilled soy milk on my boot as i typed that. Gross. {I got a little carried away talking about my new boots...}

Dried Cherries. I think I may have eaten my weight in these... but they are just so delicious, I couldn't help it.

Kit Kat commercials. Advertising at it's finest... I literally crave a Kit Kat every single time I see one of their commercials.

'You smell like craigslist'. I LOVE Glee... but it's been a bit off this season. However, it's starting to pick back up, and I am so grateful for the snarky one liners that have fantastically worked their way back into my Tuesday night routine.



This. I found this over at Mr Taylor and his Lady a while back, and it gave me an overwhelming calming feeling. So, when things got a little difficult for me this past week, I revisited this photo... I absolutely adore this for how simple it is and how simple it makes me feel when things get a bit too complicated.

Chevre cheese. I literally put it on everything. Muffins, chicken, pasta, vegetables... everything.



Animals with human voices. I may be immature, but it makes me laugh every single time! Babies with adult voices {like the e-trade baby) are ridiculously hilarious as well... adults with baby voices though? Absolutely not. That's just weird. Subway, take note.

The smell of fresh basil. Before I left my mom's to go back to Milwaukee, she made sure I had a few sprigs of the fresh lemon basil she grows in her garden. Generally, I put basil on absolutely everything because i love how it makes any kind of food or drink taste {and I really do put it on literally everything}, but there is nothing like the earthy, lemony, buttery smell of fresh basil!



What's making you ridiculously happy this week?


17 comments:

jenn said...

This post makes me happy too : ) I love the picture with the dancing. My husband and I have done that too. Boots are great - I know that phenomenon, though. I feel it every time I wear something white.

Jenn

passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

lauren @ spiced plate said...

That photo of the couple dancing with the tea steaming is so lovely...reminds me of me and my husband -- I'm always making tea and it's always whistling when we're in the kitchen together. The fresh smell of basil is so luxurious, isn't it? I took a whiff of cloves yesterday and felt instantly transported to my childhood. It was great. I just bought myself my first pair of rainboots even, which are also able to double as snow boots (I live in Maine and haven't had snow boots in 2 years!) and I'm so excited about them, that I don't mind that it's been raining here for the past 2 days...I'm getting to show off my boots!

rach. said...

ah! this is so sweet. :)

LOVE the blog girl. just thought i'd let ya know. ;)

love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn said...

AHHH TUMBLR-ING IT

Chon said...

things making me happy

1. putting up my Christmas tree!
2. planting the summer tomato patch (ok this weekend but having it on my head makes me happy)
3. a warm week - 'ello summer
4. having my carpets dry cleaned. sounds stupid but honestly the house seems so fresh now :)

Abigail Smith said...

Two things:

Road Trippin' with the bf.

a lunch date with a good friend.

Estefanía J. said...

Amazing pics & video dear! If you like my blog and you wanna... we could followed each other! :)

KISSES!
Estefanía J. ABSOstyle

meesch said...

@abigail smith - lunch dates with a good friend are the best!

fashionfamous said...

Once upon a time...

xx
http://stylefashionfamous.blogspot.com/

meesch said...

@fashionfamous - yes! Love that show = )

R. Chandra said...

i looove dried cherries! like candy. better even.

love your blog. <3

Shia said...

My fiance cracks up over those etrade commericals...I think his favorite line is something about riding the dog is frowned upon in this establishment...lol.

That pic of you and your sister is adorable!!

♥ Shia

MacKensie said...

Bahahaha that video is HILARIOUS! I agree about the Glee business.. the first several episodes were pretty bad compared to the past ones, but this last one was SO GOOD. I think it's because Sam came back ;)

amy b.s. said...

i don't know. i remember watching murder she wrote.

Nicole said...

Ohmygoodness. You totally had me at being back home. It sounds just like my story. We were ARMY brats, as they say, and traveled every three years to a new place. No hometown, but now my parents have recently bought a house in MN and have rooms filled with our old stuffed animals and boxes and boxes of family photos that I love going through! Just bought a bunch of awkward childhood photos back home w/ me to D.C after Thanksgiving :)

And we are so here on the smell of basil! Love it!

Great list. Thanks for sharing the happy!

Nicole

Kristen said...

you are right. that photo is completely calming. just found your blog - its great! kristen

mikie and kristen

Kim said...

oh my gosh. That video just totally made my day. I had to watch it twice.

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch