-->

Guinness Fudge Cookies...


This weekend was quite the busy one for me... with my baby sister's college graduation {she graduated with honors at 20 years old, so proud of her!} and all the travel that went along with it, I had very little time to accomplish all the recipes I had planned. I suppose it didn't help that it took me four attempts to get this recipe right... 

Regardless of the fact these cookies literally consumed my entire day on Sunday, the end result was absolutely delicious! I probably ate more of the batter than actual baked cookies... 

These cookies are crisp and light, without being overwhelmingly chocolatey {I'm not a huge fan of chocolate}. The bitterness of the Guinness combined with the sharpness of the cocoa makes for a rich and indulgent taste {and aroma- these made my house smell fantastic!}, while the thinness of the cookie combined with almonds and coconut, make for a light and crunchy texture.

These cookies were my breakfast, lunch and dinner on Sunday... 






Guinness Fudge Cookies...
Recipe yields about 50 cookies


  • 1 cup Guinness
  • 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cups + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tbsp hot cocoa mix
  • 1/2 cup pure cocoa
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut + more for topping
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds


Preparation


  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a few baking pans with butter shortening. Make sure to use shortening... I tried out flour, cooking spray and parchment, and the only way the cookies didn't stick to the pan was by using shortening.
  • In a medium saucepan, combine Guinness with 1 tbsp granulated sugar and reduce over medium heat for about ten minutes. Once the mixture measures 1/3 cup, remove from heat and set aside.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine room temperature butter with granulated and brown sugar. Mix well until mixture is fluffy and well combined.
  • Add eggs, Guinness reduction, salt and vanilla and mix until combined. On medium speed, mix in pure cocoa, hot cocoa mix, baking soda and flour until just combined.
  • Fold in coconut and almonds and place in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
  • Once the batter has cooled in the refrigerator, place tbsp sized balls of dough onto your greased baking sheets. Make sure the cookies are about 2 inches apart, the batter will spread while baking.
  • Top each cookie with coconut and place on the top rack of your oven for 12-15 minutes. You'll know the cookies are done once the coconut atop each cookie is golden brown.
  • Remove from oven and let cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack.


enjoy...

7 comments:

Grace said...

i think i need to leave work now and try making these asap! i love guinness and i love chocolate. those cookies fresh out of the oven with some ice cream sounds positively amazing!

Shia said...

These cookies look so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda k. said...

Yuuum! These look delicious!

debbiecutieface.com said...

whenever I bake I always eat more of the batter than the actual cookies! So excited you shared this recipe.

Melu103 said...

haha yeah doll
you read that right
scented nail polish!
it smells like cucumbers and watermelon!
i love that nailpolish

here you go:

http://www.forever21.com/product/product.aspx?br=f21&category=beauty_viewall&productid=1000013609&variantid=

the rest are on the side :) check em out!


xoxo
Melina ♥

Whit said...

These look delicious!
-wHiT
www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

Shelley @ My Shoebox Life said...

These look great! I've never drunk Guinness, or cooked with it, but hubby wants to try a new drink, so I might just sneak a cup of it and give these a try!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch