-->

Gingerbread Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream...


I've had an overwhelming urge to bake with oranges lately. My friends have had an overwhelming urge for me to make them gingerbread lately. Well, specifically, a gingerbread house {which I've never made before}. We're going to try and tackle that one this weekend... fingers crossed it goes well... Be prepared, I may be posting photos of a gingershack, gingerslum or gingerhood come Monday.

Anyways, while I was researching flavor combinations for my weekly weekend baking marathons {I'm a girl that cannot sit still, I always need to be doing something... so unless I have concrete plans on a Saturday or Sunday, you can find me in the kitchen, tackling about five recipes at once!}, I stumbled across this gingerbread cupcake with orange buttercream frosting from Bake, Robot! and had to share it with you all!




Gingerbread Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream...
makes 12 cupcakes


  • 1-3/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 6 tbsp molasses
  • 3/4 cup water

Preparation


  • Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line a cupcake tin with baking liners and spray the inside of each liner and the top of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves into a medium bowl.
  • Mix melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and molasses in a large bowl. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, stirring until just combined, then add 1/2 of the water, alternating so you end on the flour mixture.
  • Fill each baking liner 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.


For Frosting


  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 6 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 orange juice
  • 1 tsp grated orange zest

Preparation

  • In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Add 2 cups of sugar, mixing until combined. Mix in the orange juice and the zest, until smooth and creamy.
  • Slowly add in the remaining 2 cups of sugar until it reaches the desired consistency.
{recipe/photos via Bake, Robot!}

enjoy...

11 comments:

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn said...

Ginger + orange = magic.

Whit said...

Hi Meesch! These sound fantastic! From WI blogger to another, consider me a new follower! Hope you could do the same! :)
-wHiT

www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

threadsandbuttons said...

These are sooo cute! I love the little gingerbread marshmallows on top. The sound yummy too.

Nellichen said...

This recipe sounds delicious!!!

Shannon said...

These look delicious and darling!!! Those little gingerbread men are to cute.

xo,
Shannon
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Jo said...

Mmm, these sound so incredibly delicious! <3 And the gingerbread men look so cute!

x
Lost in the Haze

Melody said...

That looks amazing!! Great post :) Orange buttercream makes my mouth water

teaandbubbly.blogspot.com

Jackie {York Avenue} said...

Mmm those look too amazing! I have to try this recipe.

www.york-avenue.blogspot.com

Shelley @ My Shoebox Life said...

These look so good! Thanks for finding my blog, I'm thrilled to have found yours. :)

Colleen said...

Those are too cute. Sounds delish!

Patricia Villamil said...

this look so delicious i might use this frosting with some banana honey cupcakes i want to do tomorrow! Thanks!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch