-->

Cinnamon Vanilla Cupcake Muffins...

I call them cupcakes because they taste and feel like cupcakes. I call them muffins because, well, they're supposed to be muffins. Regardless, they're delicious!

I didn't want to make these muffins in the first place. I've been baking wayyyyy too much lately and promised myself I would take a bit of a break and stay away from the oven for a while... then my sister came over and we ended up cooking five different recipes at the same time. My kitchen is a disaster and the bottom of my feet are covered in sugar, rice, ground beef, tomatoes and something I can't quite identify.... which I'm rather uncomfortable with. My Wednesday night, after traveling all day for work, ended up being even more work. Not to mention that after we finished all the food, my sister literally booked it out of my apartment, graciously leaving me with an hour and a half's worth of cleaning. Thanks Brooklyn, you are such a doll... I am absolutely exhausted!

Back to what matters... I used this recipe from delish-blog as a base, and added a few things here and there... I wasn't planning on making this recipe, or really any recipes at all... but since my sister coaxed me into baking up a storm, I made do with the ingredients that I had. Which did not include enough butter for buttercream or eggs for swiss meringue {basically, I didn't have the goods for frosting}. Hence, the cupcake muffin!

It tastes exactly like angel food cake, but a bit heavier in texture. It's light, sweet and full of flavor. Not too much sugar which makes it more like a muffin, and not too dense, which makes it more like a cupcake. Delicious...


Cinnamon Vanilla Cupcake Muffins...


  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • dash ground ginger
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup Chobani non-fat Yogurt
  • 1/3 cup cinnamon chips {both Hershey's and Eilleen's make these}
  • 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips


Preparation


  • Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
  • In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside. Using the paddle attachment of your mixer, cream the butter, almond extract and vanilla together for about a minute. Gradually add in the sugar and ginger, then mix for an additional minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, then mix for another minute. With the mixer on low, stir in about half the flour mixture, then the yogurt, then the remaining flour mixture. Gently stir in the cinnamon and chocolate chips.
  • Portion the batter into the prepared pan about 3/4 full. For additional flavor, sprinkle a bit of sea salt on the top of each muffin before baking. 
  • Bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and the tops are springy to the touch. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and place on a rack to cool further.

enjoy...

2 comments:

Uhlala said...

gnummy! ;D

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn said...

OBVIOUSLY you have to bake it with chob!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch