-->

Cherry Vanilla Cookies Stuffed With Nutella...


The other day, I had a chocolate covered cherry that immediately inspired me to bake a cookie encompassing all the flavors I tasted at that very moment. It took me a few tries, but I finally got the perfect flavors. 

These cookies are very light but full of cherry flavor with a hint of chocolate hazelnut. I struggled to get the perfect cherry flavor with my first few attempts, so I went out on a limb and added an ingredient that I was kind of skeptical of, but also kind of excited about: Jello. Initially, I went to the grocery store to find a cherry pudding mix I could use for more flavor, but I don’t think that kind of thing exists in my neck of the woods… so I settled for cherry jello; It was perfect! The jello gives it a little tartness and color, with a ton of cherry flavor. Next time I try out this recipe, I think I’m going to try and add more nutella to the center by portioning it out beforehand, then freezing it so that it’s solid and easier to work with. Yes, that’s absolutely what I’m going to do next time…


To add your filling, flatten out a small piece of dough, add Nutella to the center, flatten out a second piece of dough, then lay on top. Pinch the edges of the two pieces of dough together to form a tiny pocket. If your dough becomes difficult to work with, put it in the freezer for a few minutes!




Cherry Vanilla Cookies Stuffed With Nutella...
yields about 40 cookies
  • 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup Chobani Low Fat Greek Yogurt
  • 2 tbsp maraschino cherry juice
  • 4 tsp cherry jello mix
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 350° F.
  • Spray three baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, yogurt and sugars and mix until light and fluffy.
  • Add eggs, vanilla, oil and cherry juice and mix on low speed until combined.
  • Add jello mix, baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour until thoroughly combined.
  • Once combined, place and flatten tbsp sized portions onto the baking sheet. Add a bit of nutella to each piece of flattened dough. With your hands, flatten a second piece of dough and place over the nutella. Pinch the sides together so that there are no cracks the nutella can seep through in the baking process. These cookies hardly spread, so leaving 3/4 of an inch between each cookie is more than enough.
  • Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a bit of cherry jello mix and salt {it pulls out the flavor}.
  • Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes.
  • Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.


enjoy...

9 comments:

debbiecutieface.com said...

oh man I love Nutella so much. It should be its own food group! Unfortunately it triggers my Crohn's disease so I can't have it :(

Wren said...

These look delicious! My siblings get a jar of nutella each for Christmas every year so I might have to steal some!

Whit said...

These look delicious! Gosh, I think you should come over and bake some cookies for my husband and I! :) I'll supply the milk! ;)
-wHiT

www.blacklittlebutton.blogspo.com

Jessa Belle said...

Yum! I love things that are delicious and simple. Must put this on my things to try list!

Love & Lollies... Jessa

Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

Shannon said...

Those look heavenly!

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

peanutbutterandpeppers.com said...

These look wonderful! Wish I had one right now!

betty said...

I must make them! I want to dip them in more nutella :)

Heather said...

OMG these look like the best things EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Katie @ ohshineon said...

so happy i found your blog... this was the first recipe that caught my attention and now i am hooked!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch