-->

2011 Thoughts...


Since all the cool kids are doing it, I suppose it's time to throw my hat in the mix and post my obligatory ‘2011 thoughts’ post.


My year has had a lot more downs than ups, but this years ups have been so much more appreciated than ever before and heavily outweigh the downs. The one thing I am insanely grateful for is my new found ability to forgive and forget… Things happen, let them go and move on. The weight on your shoulders will be more of a burden than anything, so forget about revenge, forget about karma and forget about betrayal. We’re all flawed, we all make mistakes and we've all hurt people we care about. The way we deal with it all is what allows us to move on to a happier and healthier life.

________________ 


This past weekend, when I ventured out to my parents house for our annual half-ass family dinner {I can't even remember the last time my brothers, sisters and I were all in the same room}, I was presented with brand new, hand-made ceramic mixing bowls, an awesome new oven mitt from Anthropologie, a set of spices from Penzey's Spices {heaven on earth}, a Williams Sonoma gift card and a tiny cast iron skillet.


Last year at this same time, I would have received running shoes, personal training sessions and reflective winter running gear... so when did my interests change so drastically? For my reputations sake, I'm still moderately active... last year at this time however, I ran about eight miles a day and lived in spandex and a sports bra. You could say I was a bit obsessive with my fitness.

2011 has been a year of changes for me. I dropped what was toxic, focused on what made life simple and easy and set attainable goals that I have since spent a considerable amount of time and energy accomplishing. I realized what was important about my world and my life and learned how to ignore what the media continuously told me I was supposed to care about.

________________



I have had my blog for almost five months now and I could not be happier with it! I have made some amazingly talented blogger friends and I absolutely love hearing all about their lives and thoughts each and every day. Through all of you, I am exposed to a whole new world with tons of new inspirations and ideas that I incorporate into my every day life. All of your creativity helps me to really appreciate what is simple about every single day!

________________


I've had a few people that have been extremely instrumental in my happiness over the course of this year.


ohhhh I'm gonna get yelled at for posting this picture...
To my mother: Thank you for everything you do for me. Every time I encounter a roadblock in my life, I know that I am able to get through it all because I am the spitting image of you. Thank you for being such a strong and independent woman... I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without you.

Breast Cancer awareness walk, 2011
To my aunt: Your love for life and carefree approach to everything is what inspired me to live the way I live today. When life gets a little too rough, you remind me to always keep a smile on my face and laughter in my heart. Life is fun, love is endless and laughter is necessary. I pray for you each and every day and I always have you in my heart. I love you.

Sometimes you just need to punch something... your good friends are the ones punching things in parking lots, right along with you. 
To my closest friend, Kat: You have been my support for the last 7 years. No matter what, when times get rough, I know that you are there through thick and thin to support me and my choices. Because of you, I've learned how to forgive, how stay passionate for life and how to trust. Love you Katie Kat!

You bet your ass those are velcro high tops.
To my baby sister: Well, you just know how to have fun. My grown up, adult life is full of too much responsibility and not enough time. It's refreshing to be able to live vicariously through you - live it up, laugh as loud as you can and always be your crazy, ridiculous { and 99% of the time, embarrassing ; ) } self; you're keeping me young! Love you B!




Just some thoughts on 2011 = )

5 comments:

debbiecutieface.com said...

looks like we've had a similar year in terms of growth. I also dropped what was toxic in my life, and it feels so so good :)

Whit said...

Great post!
-wHiT
www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

Chon said...

Reflecting on this year for me there have definitely been lots of downs but the few little ups have more than outweighed the bad. I love reading this blog, you make me smile because you seem honestly happy. the only thing I request is some more of your fabulous photography!!!

Andrea said...

I love this, thanks for sharing! = )

Heather said...

Great words of wisdom - I too am ready for this year to be behind me :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch