-->

Rosemary Chive Flatbread Crisps & Spicy Greek Yogurt Dip...


This Saturday, I had the apartment all to myself and decided to go on somewhat of a baking spree. I'm not entirely sure why I'm calling it a baking spree because I always fill my Saturdays with baking and cooking, but I had so many ideas and recipes running through my head, I just had to get everything done at once.

I have a fresh rosemary plant in my apartment, and have yet to actually utilize it for anything. I finally decided to make rosemary crisps with spicy greek yogurt dip... this is definitely a recipe I will be making time and time again, it was so easy and ridiculously delicious!

I started off by combining flour, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and then added freshly chopped rosemary, water, chives and oil. I used a stand mixer with spiral dough attachments to mix the dough, but if you mix by hand and then knead the dough with your hands, it will work just as well.


Once your mixture has formed a thick, well combined dough, divide the dough in half and spread evenly over two floured baking sheets. I didn't have a rolling pin, so I spread the dough onto the sheets by hand and it took forever. So, lesson learned: to avoid hand cramps and a wasted hour of my life {i'm exaggerating, it was probably only 55 minutes} use a rolling pin. For thinner crisps, you may need three baking sheets. For flatbread style crisps, leave the dough a bit thicker in the pan.

Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into your desired sizes. Do not use my photo below for reference on sizing, because I clearly don't know how to handle a pizza cutter properly. In hindsight, a flat baking pan without sides would have been ideal for this project, I ended up wasting a bit of dough around the edges. Once you're pans are ready, place them in a 400 degree F oven and bake for fifteen minutes or so, until the crisps are hard to the touch and slightly golden brown.


For the spicy greek yogurt dip {which is seriously addictive}, combine Neufchatel Cheese, lemon juice, chives, finely chopped fresh dill, green onion, salt, Chobani Greek Yogurt, finely chopped basil, Siracha Sauce and nonfat milk in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until well combined. That's it, that's all... you're spicy greek yogurt dip is ready! But trust me, it'll be gone in a matter of seconds... 



Rosemary Chive Flatbread Crisps
recipe adaptation found here

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2/3 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
  • 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
  • Sea salt, for sprinkling

Preparation

  • Preheat your oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
  • In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the water, rosemary, chives and oil and stir until a thick dough forms. Mix dough in a stand mixer with the spiral dough hook attachments until a thick mixture forms and all ingredients have been thoroughly combined. {if you don't have a stand mixer or dough attachments, you can stir the mixture until thick and then knead by hand} 
  • Flour two large baking sheets and divide the dough into equal portions for each sheet.
  • Roll or knead the dough to cover the baking sheets... the more thinly spread your dough is, the crispy your crackers. If your dough is spread thicker and unevenly, you'll have more of a flatbread crisp {refer to my photos for this method}
  • Sprinkle lightly with salt and use a pizza cutter to cut into squares or strips. For more or a square cracker, make sure to cut a straight line along the edges of the pan before dividing into squares or strips.
  • Bake crackers at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or so, depending on how thick you spread your dough. You'll want to remove the crackers from the oven when they're either a very light golden brown color or are hard to the touch.  
  • Break the crackers apart and enjoy!

Spicy Greek Yogurt Dip

  • 1 oz. Neufchatel Cheese {it's a bit lighter than creme cheese and just as easy to find in grocery stores, plus it's often less expensive}
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp chives
  • 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh dill
  • 1/4 cup green onion
  • pinch of salt 
  • 6 oz. Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • pinch of finely chopped basil
  • 1/2 tbsp Siracha Sauce
  • 1 tbsp nonfat milk

Preparation

Mix ingredients well, and serve!

enjoy...

1 comments:

Brooklyn said...

those look and sound amazing

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch