-->

My Thanksgiving Dinner...


A feast...


Bananas foster bread.

{and my stepdad carving one of the turkeys in the background}


Rosemary Chive crisps with Spicy Greek Yogurt Dip.

Quite easy and ridiculously delicious. You can find my recipes here.


Garlic and chevre green beans.

I make these every year and they are so addictively savory. I thought I was going a tad overboard by getting five pounds of greens... turns out I probably should have gotten six or seven. The night before Thanksgiving was spent sitting on the couch, watching the kitschy Thanksgiving specials on TV and cutting green beans... and not sleeping... at all. 


Some of our feast.

Cheddar and sour cream potatoes, pineapple souffle, pumpkin ginger biscuits, ginger honey butter, the obligatory Thanksgiving cranberry sauce, grilled asparagus, candied orange sweet potatoes, garlic chevre green beans... 

I'm painstakingly re-living my day-after-Thanksgiving-food-hangover as I write this...


My cousin Les and I.

We slaved away for days in preparation of this feast! It was definitely worth it, being able to get all of our family together for the first time in years. I have such a lovely and amazing family, I am so thankful to be a part of such a loving group of people. 




Thanksgiving was such a great day. I didn't sleep at all the days prior, in an effort to get all my baking done and over to my cousin's house, where we hosted the dinner for around 30 people. I was exhausted and ready for multiple naps come dinner time, but somehow, was still able to put myself not only into a food coma the day of, but a food hangover the day after. It was absolutely worth the five extra pounds I gained, the following 24 hours spent recovering on the couch and the mess of flour and butter [still] covering my kitchen floor. 

One thing I am thankful for right this second:

Thanksgiving is only one day a year.

Time to catch up on sleep!

10 comments:

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn said...

I want the recipe for them crisps!! And the greek yogurt dip. I love anything with a little fage/chobani in it ;)

lauren@spicedplate said...

What a fantastic looking feast! greek yogurt dip -- yes please!

debbiecutieface said...

mm that looks like the perfect Thanksgiving feast...yum

Julie said...

Wow! Everything looks fantastic!! Good job!!

http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

Ashley @ Luce said...

everything looks so yummy AND pretty!

jenn said...

Mmmm your Thanksgiving dinner looks delicious! Wanna send me some leftovers?? Kidding : ) Those rosemary chive chips sound particularly amazing.

Chon said...

yum!!! I am looking at these ideas for our xmas dinner. i am hosting the dinner the weekend before and have 20 people over. I can't wait!

meesch said...

@chon - that's exciting! If you need any recipe suggestions, let me know = )

Amanda said...

oh i love your blog, and all this food! it is making my mouth water! will definitely be trying the bananas foster bread! yum!

Chon said...

I just noticed you posted the beans thank you!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch