-->

Make Me Happy...


I've decided to re-define the word, 'passionate'. 

pas·sion·ate
     adjective
          1. Being able to quickly list ten things, at any given point, on any given day, that make you happy.


Ten things that are making me ridiculously happy this week...


One minute microwave brownies. Seriously. 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 tbsp water, a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of salt... microwave for about 30 seconds. It's amazing. and dangerous... since I've made this more times this week than I would like to admit.


The case of greek yogurt Chobani just sent me. Imagine how happy I was to see this massive box blocking the front door to my apartment...You better believe I'm going to have some amazing yogurt recipes come next week!


Heather Morris. I have the biggest girl crush on her. Not only is her character on glee hilarious, {note that with the exception of this past episode, this season of Glee needs a bit of work...} but she is the most amazing dancer. Phenomenal.
Peanut butter in my oatmeal. As you may remember from this post, I gave in to supply and demand, and purchased multiple jars of peanut butter, which I previously did not eat. So now, I'm vigorously trying to incorporate peanut butter into every recipe I can think of. I just added some to my strawberry oatmeal and it made it so much thicker and it tasted pretty darn good. Ultimately, I am more full than I previously would have been, and trust me, during the winter months, I need all the help I can get to avoid gaining a few pounds... It's like my body automatically adds some weight to keep me warm... which doesn't at all make me feel like a whale or anything. Thanks for prepping me for hibernation, mother nature... thanks so much.


My grandpa's 80th birthday. I helped my grandpa celebrate his 80th birthday this past Friday and all of his 80 year old friends presented him with a cake that just had a question mark candle on it! That made me happy, I mean... I'm starting to get to the point where I'd rather just have a question mark candle too! {I'm only kind of kidding}
The amazing homemade carpet cleaner I found on Pinterest. It has saved my bedroom carpet... and it was seriously the easiest thing ever! Find it here...
Bing Crosby. I love the 'antique' sound quality of his songs... Sometimes, I don't want to watch movies and listen to music that has that 'surround sound' perfect quality. Sometimes, I just want to watch black and white TV and listen to Bing Crosby. 
Using Burt's Bees lip balm for the first time in a long time. You know that 'sting' that Burt's Bees gives your lips? Well, if you use it all the time, you get used to that feeling. I haven't used Burt's in forever... glad to have that sting back ; )
Re-decorating a room by simply moving a lamp. I re-arranged our living room last night. Then I re-arranged it right back to the way it was. Our living room is simply too small to arrange the furniture any other way than how it's currently arranged... and then I moved a lamp to the other side of the room. Done. Re-decorated. Everything looks different now. 
Breaking raw spaghetti. I get really excited to just break a bundle of raw spaghetti in half when I'm cooking pasta... dormant anger issues, I'm sure. Plus, I always turn my head away, close my eyes and cringe... as if it's dangerous or something. I mean, I guess I don't want to have to tell the emergency room doctor that I got a piece of pasta shrapnel in my eye...


What's making you ridiculously happy this week?


4 comments:

Clara Lambert said...

I second your glee comment, What is up with this season? The thing making me happy this week is knowing that after I make it to friday, I have a whole week off of school to get caught up on orders, bake, hang out with the fam/friends, and rest!

meesch said...

@clara lambert - AGREED, I can't wait to just RELAX! and get caught up on e-mails... I've been pretty bad at that lately :/

Chon said...

have to agree with Glee. they are all so angry this season. Santana last night was out of control, although she rocked the mash up.

happy: vegemite and cheese toasties, see my babies heart beat for the first time, summer (australian!) and we won an award at work that I had worked really hard on. phew thanks for this. I needed it today!

meesch said...

@chon - I have never had vegemite! always wanted to try it just to be able to say I have - and congratulations on your baby and the award you won! So many exciting things happening for you!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch