-->

Happy Thanksgiving...


The thing about life is that it’s so short. Growing up takes forever, but looking back takes only a second… time truly does fly, and it’s what we make of the time that we have that makes our lives worthwhile.

So, as I venture off to see the family that I love so dearly for our Thanksgiving celebration, I can’t help but sit back and look at how full of happiness my life is.

I don’t have the most amazing friends in the world, they can be unreliable and overbearing sometimes, but they’re MY friends, and they make MY life happy and fun.

I don’t have the most ideal family, they can be embarrassing and many times absent when I need them the most, but they’re my family and they made me who I am. I’m proud of the person I’ve become and the goals that I’ve achieved. Without them, I would have never chosen the path that I have.

I don’t have all the money in the world, but my life is full of curiosity and passion. As a recent college graduate, I’m riddled, just like so many of you, with student loans. I can’t afford to go out and purchase that Canon dslr I’ve been forever smitten with, or stock my kitchen with the most exotic ingredients... but I am lucky enough to be able to appreciate everything that I am already surrounded by. My passion for pretty much everything, is what drives me to smile each and every day… all I want in life is to find the beauty in what’s simple. The simple things are all we remember when we look back at our past. The simple things are the only things that make us genuinely happy.

So, whether or not you and your family will be celebrating Thanksgiving in the upcoming days, make it a point to look around you and appreciate everything in your life. Be thankful for the things you have, the goals you've been able to achieve and the people that surround you with happiness and support. You are who you are because you've made the best with what you have.

{1 / 2 }
Have an amazing weekend, I'll see you in a few days!

{appreciate everything}

9 comments:

Aya Smith said...

I'm in this slump of feeling life goes to fast! I seriously wish it would slow down a little :(

Love, from another Midwestern girl,
Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

beauté du bonheur said...

I agree so much with you! It scares me how fast time goes by. So nice to see such a thought provoking post.

lauren@spicedplate said...

So very true -- yes. Thank you for such an honest and open post -- I enjoyed reading it. I also love the photo of friends gathered at the long table...looks like a gorgeous place to be!

Miss B said...

awww how lovely. We don't celebrate thanks giving in the UK but i think its such a lovely holiday :) Hope you enjoy it!

http://englishroseuk.blogspot.com/

www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com said...

Great post dear - Happy Thanksgiving!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

KDR said...

what a beautiful post....

Rachel said...

Thanks for the blogger love!Loving your blog also! :)

Flashes of Style said...

So beautiful! I really love your blog, it is very sweet. <3

xoxo,

Bonnie

Natalie Suarez said...

sooo beautiful! xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch