-->

French Toast Mug Cake...

Last week was a hectic one for me... Come Friday at 5:00 p.m., it was nap time. I was just too tired to do anything other than sleep.... not even eat dinner.

So after I woke up from my 'nap' at midnight, I was a bit hungry... it didn't seem right to make a full meal at 12:00 A.M., so I simply decided to make a little two minute treat while I cuddled up and watched a movie on the couch {and I must be candid with you, the movie I ended up watching was Muppets in Space... I'm not even ashamed of it}.

I have made mug brownies and even a mug peanut butter cake before... but I decided to take pretty much every recipe I have seen for quick microwave sweets, and combine them into this little concoction. Now, if you're looking for gourmet texture and flavor, this is not where you will find it. If you're looking for something quick and delicious considering you made it in the microwave in two minutes, then definitely give this recipe a try!



French Toast Mug Cake...

  • 3 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 small egg
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp orange juice
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • powdered sugar {for dusting}

Preparation

  • In a small bowl, whisk a small egg. Add the remaining ingredients to the whisked egg and mix well. 
  • Pour your mixture into a large mug {I used a small mason jar}. Make sure the batter does not rise past the halfway point of the mug, otherwise it will rise too high and spill over the sides of the mug.
  • Place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for about two minutes. Make sure to watch your mug, as the power of your microwave might be stronger than others.
  • Remove from microwave, dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!

11 comments:

Mal said...

Yum, this looks seriously awesome.

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Oooh yum! I've never made any mug sweets before. Only scrambled eggs but that's a different story. I'm really in the mood to bake, but I'm trying to stay strong! If I bake it, I will eat it.

meesch said...

@michelle - I bake WAY too much, but that's what all my guy friends are for... they eat everything I make before I get the chance to 'overindulge' haha!

Heba said...

that looks so delicious and easy to bake :)

http://girlynote.blogspot.com

Grace said...

ooo yum! these look too good and perfect for the morning after turkey day!

thanksgrace.blogspot.com

Kendra said...

Oh my gosh, that looks delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
PIECE OF CAKE. PEACE OF MIND.

Wren said...

you're ingenious! I can't wait to make this as a midnight snack when I'm studying this week!

beauté du bonheur said...

how have I never heard of this? best invention ever!

a little birdy told me said...

tried to pin this on pinterest but the button won't let me :-/

meesch said...

@a little birdy told me - You're right, the pinterest button wasn't working! I removed it for now until I can figure out the error = / - thank you for letting me know!

Katie @ ohshineon said...

this is serious business here. like it, i mean, love it.

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch