-->

Chocolate Chip Cookies Infused with Nutmeg & Maple...


The thing I love about chocolate chip cookies is how salty they are. I've always said I wanted to make a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate chips, simply because I love the taste of the batter but hate the taste of the chocolate. I always grab the one cookie that looks like it might have been lucky enough to miss all the chips, but somehow there's always that one hidden chip that ruins the whole cookie for me. 

Being the chocolate hater that I am, probably puts me in the minority, however. 

Most people love chocolate chip cookies, and since these cookies are going to my aunt and uncle, I decided to keep my recipe experimentation to a minimum this time. Instead of making chocolate chip-less chocolate chip cookies, I used only a  few chips and a added bit of nutmeg and maple syrup... absolutely delicious! Salty and sweet with a tiny bit of spice...


Chocolate Chip Cookies Infused with Nutmeg & Maple...

  • 2 cups plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted melted butter
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup {not sugar free}
  • A few pinches of ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  • Spray three baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
  • In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
  • In a large bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, maple syrup, nutmeg and vanilla. Combine well, then add one egg and the yolk of another egg and mix well. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
  • Fold in your chocolate chips and spoon tablespoon sized portions onto your greased baking sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart.
  • Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until just golden brown. Remove the cookies from the sheet and place on a wire rack to cool.

enjoy...


5 comments:

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

omg, my favorite cookies are the ones without chocolate chips!! i've never been a big chocolate person but it's definitely grown on me. ;) these look yummy!

Sayaka said...

Those cookies look so good....now I'm craving cookies!!

Georgia said...

i'm kicking myself 'cause i just made cookies, but these look so good!
-Georgia

http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com/

Punctuation Mark said...

anything with maple tastes delicious... YUM!!!

Michele Hoskins said...

Wow! These cookies sound delicious!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch