-->

Caramel Apple Cider Cake Cookies...


This past Sunday morning, a friend of mine asked me for cookies. He didn't care what kind or flavor, he just wanted cookies... A perfect opportunity to try out this caramel apple cider cookie recipe I have been dying to try, with a few changes of course...


Caramel Apple Cider Cake Cookies...
recipe adapted from the cooking photographer

  • 3/4 cup softened butter
  • 1/4 cup Chobani Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 box (7.4 oz) Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Original Drink mix
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 bag Werthers Caramels

Preparation

  • In a stand mixer, cream room temperature butter, yogurt, sugar, salt, and all 10 packets of apple cider mix until well combined. Your mixture won't look smooth, that's alright. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
  • In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder and flour and mix well. Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
  • Flour a sheet of tinfoil and place the batter in the freezer for 30-45 minutes. Don't skip this part, otherwise the dough is too sticky to work with.
  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a few baking sheets. This recipe yields over 40 cookies so you'll need more than one sheet.
  • Place tablespoon sized balls of dough on the cookie sheet about an inch or so apart from each other. Make sure to leave about 1/4 of the dough, this portion will be used to cover the caramels on each cookie.
  • Unwrap your caramels and cut each one in half.
  • Place your halved caramels on the middle of each cookie and press down. Take a small piece of dough on cover the piece of caramel. Make sure the caramel is completely covered, otherwise it will spill out onto the baking sheet in the baking process.
  • Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until they turn a light golden brown.
  • Remove the sheets from the oven and quickly transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
  • These cookies are great cool, but even better warm!

enjoy...

19 comments:

Teaka said...

OOoh what a perfectly festive sounding and looking cookie! I'd like to bite my teeth into those tasty looking things! :D

Julie said...

Holy amazing! What a perfect winter time recipe!

Jessica Wray said...

Those cookies look sooo good! Dangerous!

cute blog!

Miss B said...

Gosh they look gorgeous!! Feeling very christmassy also!


Thankyou for commenting on my blog! I am now a follower and have added your link to my blog list!

Have a nice day :)

http://englishroseuk.blogspot.com/

Carissa and Kyle said...

These look amazing! I want to be a better baker so I'm not afraid to try to make them!

meesch said...

@carissa and kyle - they're quite easy, all you need to be a great baker is some creativity and courage - don't be afraid to mix textures and flavors! Good luck!

Heba said...

you have such a great blog, and that looks amazing :)

http://girlynote.blogspot.com

betty said...

OMG I really can't wait to try them

Grace said...

sounds so yummy!

thanksgrace.blogspot.com

^_^ wReY and R0bbY said...

yum! so mouth-watering cookies! *drool* ;)


by the way, thanks for visiting & following 0ur bLog. ^_^

please LIKE 0ur bL0g's facebook page as well @ https://www.facebook.com/fashionmoto

& follow us on

http://fashionmoto.tumblr.com/

Thank y0u! ϡ

Daisy said...

it looks soo delicious! :D

xoxo Daisy


TheMandarineGirl.com

Sara said...

Wow these looks seriously amazing, I’m drooling all over the screen here, I have to tray this receipt ASAP, I bet it taste as good at it looks, it doesn’t seem so complicated to prepare, I will give it a tray! You have a lovely blog and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

lauren@spicedplate said...

ooh-- my sister loves caramel and apple cider -- maybe i'll surprise her with these on thanksgiving!

Marusya V said...

I feel like cooking these right now:) Looks soo yummy! Thanks for sharing, darling!

Love your recipes!

xx

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn said...

Magic. Girl, I found your blog via Pinterest and I am literally obsessed with your style and attitude towards life.

meesch said...

@katelyn - Thank you! Your comment definitely made me smile = )

Anonymous said...

How many eggs??? The directions say to beat eggs but the ingredient list doesn't show eggs!

meesch said...

@anonymous - how did I forget to include the eggs?! Thank you for pointing it out - I used two medium eggs = )

Anonymous said...

thanks! Tried the recipe...Very yummy!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch