-->

Bananas Foster Bread...


Bananas foster has always been one of my favorite 'flavors'. Banana and cinnamon is just a decadent {and dangerous} combination. 

I discovered bananas foster back when I used to bartend at a martini bar in college. That bar had the most extensive and elaborate drink menu I had ever seen, and many of the drinks were replications of rich and indulgent desserts from all over the world. One of the drinks that I so vividly remember making, was the bananas foster, which combined banana liqueur, cinnamon schnapps, vanilla vodka and a graham cracker crust rim all in a milk chocolate coated chilled glass. It smelled fantastic and tasted absolutely sinful.

Well, that recipe is in pretty steep competition with this recipe.

You know that phrase, 'melts in your mouth'? I never understood how people could use that phrase to describe anything other than something that literally, melts in your mouth. I heard someone refer to steak in that manner once, and it just confused me... 

This bread however, literally does melt in your mouth. The texture that the banana gives the bread, makes a seemingly crumbly bread, extremely smooth and moist... much more so than any cake or cupcake I have ever had. It almost feels as though it's made of pudding. Not to mention that baking this gave off the most amazing aroma; my apartment smelled so fragrant and happy... I don't know how you could ever be in a bad mood when you're surrounded by eau de bananas foster.




Bananas Foster Bread...

  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup mashed banana
  • 1 1/2 cup cinnamon chips {Hershey's and Eileen's both make these}

Preparation

  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Cover a bread pan in parchment paper or tinfoil {I'm partial to tinfoil. Unless you have a good quality parchment, it may burn in the oven}. Spray the tinfoil or paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
  • In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. 
  • In a small bowl, mash enough bananas for 1 cup. For me, two large bananas made enough for one cup.
  • In another large mixing bowl, mix together softened butter, sugar and brown sugar.
  • Beat egg and vanilla into the butter mixture, then add the mashed bananas.
  • Stir your flour into the mixture and mix until combined.
  • Once mixture is well combined, fold in cinnamon chips.
  • Place your mixture in your bread pan {a 9 x 13 inch pan works just as well} and bake for 30 minutes or until the batter in the center of the pan can pass the toothpick test. {inserted toothpick comes out clean}
  • Let cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack and remove the bread from the pan using the tinfoil or parchment.


enjoy...


3 comments:

www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com said...

oh my that looks and sounds simply amazing!!!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

debbiecutieface said...

this looks to die for..

Chon said...

I have just printed this and plan on making it!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch