-->

Baked Red Wine Chicken & Linguine...


Thank you for the extra hour, daylight savings... you have officially screwed up my sleeping schedule.

I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the world, but daylight savings time in Wisconsin means that it's pitch black at 4:00 p.m. It's rather unpleasant for my social life. During the winter, all I want to do, once it gets dark, is cuddle up, watch a movie and fall asleep... at 4:00p.m. And since this week is my transition week into this new daylight savings schedule, I unwillingly slept 12 hours last night without waking up once. I fell asleep at 6:00 p.m... gosh darn-it, daylight savings time! And gosh darn-it transition week, you were so much easier last year!

Anyways, since I had an extra hour on Sunday to... well, do nothing... I went exploring at this little bridge that I drive past every single day. I had never noticed it until a few days ago, when I happened to see a bit of color peeking through the trees, but I had to stop and see what it was all about. I wish it was sunnier {and warmer} so that the photos would have turned out better!



After my exploring {which ended up being like, ten minutes} I made a red wine marinade for some chicken breasts I was going to bake for dinner. It was so good, and reminded me a lot of what Christmas tastes like for some reason...



Baked Red Wine Chicken With Linguine...

  • 2 large chicken breasts
  • 2 cups dry red wine
  • 1/4 cup green onions
  • 1 tbsp chives
  • 2 tbsp Jack Daniels Whiskey
  • dash of garlic salt
  • dash of salt
  • dash of pepper

For Linguine

  • 1 lb linguine
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • vegetables of choice {I want to try asparagus or edamame next time!}
  • 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • dash of salt
  • dash of pepper

Preparation

  • For the marinade, combine red wine, whiskey, chopped green onions, chives, garlic salt and pepper and stir. Place thawed chicken breasts in the marinade and let sit for four hours.
  • After four hours, place chicken breasts and 1/2 of the marinade into a pan and bake at 350 degrees F for thirty minutes or until the center of the chicken is no longer pink. 
  • Remove from oven and set aside.

  • For the linguine, cook the pasta thoroughly and drain.
  • Return the pasta to the pot and add butter, olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
  • Cook your vegetables as desired and mix into the pasta.
  • Plate the pasta and then add your chicken breast, and serve!

enjoy...


1 comments:

Rachel Louisa. said...

This looks seriously delicious. The photos are great, too!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch