-->

Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips...

This is the last of my apple recipes for the week, I swear!

This recipe was so easy and so aromatic, I'm thinking about trying this one out again tonight for my family's Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow... but I doubt I would have any leftover by tomorrow morning. I will honestly say that I ate every last one of these chips the same day I made them. They're addictive! I didn't even realize I had eaten them all either. I looked down, and they were gone... oops. 

Side note: the sound of a good old fashioned kitchen timer is oddly comforting. It makes me feel like I'm back home in my grandma's kitchen, just watching in amazement as she comes up with the most seemingly impossible Christmas cookie recipes. You better feel the same way if you tackle this recipe; you'll be listening to your timer for a few hours!

Additional side note: You know those kitschy kitchen timers that come in the shape of an egg or a cupcake? Mine is a hamburger. It's probably the classiest thing I own. 


Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips...

  • 4 apples, sliced
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. 
  • If you have an apple corer and a mandolin slicer, core the apples and then slice them in thin strips. If you don't have either of those items, like myself, cut the apples width-wise as thin as you can get them. To cleanly remove the center of each slice, I used the cap of a liquor bottle {it was just the right size I was looking for} and essentially cut out the core portion of each apple slice. It worked like a charm!
  • Once you've cut all your apple slices, distribute them evenly on a lightly greased baking sheet. 
  • In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
  • Sprinkle no more than half the mixture over the apple slices and bake for one hour.
  • After one hour, remove the pan and turn each slice, then sprinkle the remainder of the mixture evenly over the overturned apple slices.
  • Place bake in the oven and bake for another 60 minutes.
  • Remove the pan from the oven and let cool. 


Enjoy...

5 comments:

debbiecutieface said...

this just sounds so freaking ridiculously good

jenn said...

I'm so excited to have "stumbled upon" your blog! I love the recipes (especially the cupcakes - I'm a sucker for cupcakes). This recipe looks delicious and easy, a great combination in my book!

passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

Alana said...

I made these a month or so ago, but they didn't look half as good as yours!

Lena said...

I so want to make these right now. Love your pictures!

Cari Cantrell said...

whoa! I don't know how I missed this post, I am going to try and make these tonight!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch