-->

Raspberry Mint Fudge Cookies...


This weekend, I started testing out recipes for Thanksgiving. I would like to make some kind of sweet potato meat pie along with the lemon and onion green bean recipe I posted here. Somehow, my day of recipe testing started off with baked goods... by habit, I assume. It's as if I blacked out for a split second and voila... Cookie batter everywhere {and yes, I am one of those girls that ends up seriously covered in batter when I bake... I found some batter on a pair of boots the other day, that I am ninety nine percent sure were in my closet while I was baking; that's what I mean when I say I get batter everywhere}... I really need to lay off the sweets for a bit!

I have a love/hate relationships with experimenting in the kitchen... I'm so excited when a recipe turns out great {like this one} but up until that unveiling point, I sit and basically stare at my oven, having no idea how long my concoction needs to bake for. I've also learned throughout my experimental baking projects, that if a batter tastes absolutely amazing, and I'm talking 'better than any cookie or cupcake that you've ever had before even though it's still in its batter form' kind of amazing... then your batter probably won't work out well in its baked form. I know that sounds crazy, but please refer to this photo from the most amazing batter I had ever tasted... that ended up remaining in its gooey, uncooked batter form throughout the entire baking process... it was a disaster... a cupcake graveyard, if you will.

 These raspberry fudge mint cookies were inspired by what I had in my pantry... chocolate mint chips, cocoa powder, raspberry preserves and dried cranberries. I'm so happy they turned out, because I was a bit worried about what the mint, raspberry and cranberry flavor combination would taste like. I think I may have to make these for my family's Thanksgiving this year, they're that good.
 



Raspberry Mint Fudge Cookies...
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup raspberry preserves

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on medium speed until fluffy.
  • Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, oats and salt and mix on medium until well-combined.
  • Add mint chips, preserves and dried cranberries and mix by hand until combined.
  • Spoon tablespoon sized dollops of batter onto a greased or floured baking sheet (both methods work just the same) and bake for 20 minutes.

enjoy...


6 comments:

ktmade said...

i'm so curious to try these because i'm with you - just on sound, it strikes me as an odd combo. but if you say they're delicious...

a little birdy told me said...

Looks amaze!

Jackie said...

These look GREAT!! I'm gonna try this recipe.
Thanks for sharing
Jackie ;)

Occupy Style said...

mmmmm looks delish! look forward to trying it out too. so glad I stumbled upon your lovely blog, following you now :) i'm a newbie to the blogosphere so if you have a moment, hope you might have a look and follow too!
xo Ellie


http://occupystyle.blogspot.com/

Georgia said...

wow, these look fantastic! i gotta get me some mint chocolate chips!
Georgia
http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com

betty said...

you always make delicious things!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch