-->

Lemon & Onion Roasted Green Beans...


My immediate family is spread out all over the country, and my extended family generally ventures somewhere warmer during the holidays... suffice it to say, my family get-togethers have been few and far between over the last few years. This year however, my extended family will all be here for Thanksgiving, and words simply cannot explain how excited I am for this. My family is a bunch of too loud, too energetic, mostly inappropriate, no-holds-bar group of people {much like the family in My Big Fat Greek Wedding}, but they make me so incredibly happy because they are my own. 

Since thanksgiving is right around the corner, my baby sister and I finally got to talking about what we're planning on bringing this year. My first dish of choice is absolutely green beans. I generally make green beans sauteed in olive oil and fresh garlic and topped with chevre cheese and almonds. This year however, I may have to try this extremely easy recipe from one of my favorite foodie blogs, Mod Meals on Mendenhall...




"I mixed good French green beans with a yellow onion cut into large slices in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roasted at 425 for about 10 minutes – or until the green beans were tender – then sprinkled with lemon zest and juice. I added chopped almonds for an extra crunch on top."


So easy!

1 comments:

Amy@SpeckledOwlandFox said...

Looks great! I think I might make it tonight.

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch