-->

Lemon Brownie Bites...


Now that the candy and food laden holidays are upon us, I have officially experienced my first holiday sugar coma via a serious overdose on halloween candy. I've yet to fully recover from my sugar rush, so small portions are absolutely ideal at this point. Well, really no portions are ideal at this point... since I'm mid-sugar-crash at the moment and can barely keep my eyes open... I may have to take a break from baking for a few days... Cheers to all of you that work in a bakery day after day... I definitely don't have the will power that you do!

In the spirit of small portions, here is a recipe from red couch recipes for lemon brownie bites...


Lemon Brownie Bites

  • 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter; room temperature 
  • 4 eggs 
  • Juice from 1/2 lemon 
  • Zest from 1 lemon 

For The Glaze...
  • 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • Additional lemon zest for garnish 
Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees/ Line the bottom only of a 9X13X2-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with Pam. 
  • In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt; add butter. 
  • Stir together eggs, juice from 1/2 lemon and zest from 1 lemon; stir into batter and pour into prepared pan. 
  • Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set, use a toothpick to check. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.

For the Glaze

  • If making brownies, only use 1 cup of powdered sugar. When brownies are cool prepare glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and 2 tablespoon lemon juice. You want a stiff glaze. If too stiff add more lemon juice. If making brownies then drizzle over brownies and sprinkle with additional lemon zest.
  • If you want to make the brownie bites, roll cooled brownies into bite-sized balls. Make sure you don't include any light brown crusty parts -- save those for your children. You want a smooth-textured brownie bite. Then add 2-3 teaspoons of glaze to each brownie bite and work with hands to incorporate and re-roll back into ball. Pipe glaze on each ball and while glaze is wet add lemon zest. If desired, using a
  • sieve, sprinkle powdered sugar on the bites
{recipe/photo via red couch recipes}

enjoy...

5 comments:

The Baker said...

These look so good! :)

betty said...

they look really good! I love to have something sweet combined with lemon I think it's one of my favorite combinations

Georgia said...

delicious!
georgia
http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com

Rose Braisby said...

These are adorable and look so so tasty!! x

Aurelia said...

I must try the lemon brownie bites today!

xo Aurelia
http://photography-happens.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch