-->

Late Night Pantry Pie...

You've seen those special K cereal commercials where they say, 'having a midnight craving? don't reach for the chocolate cake, reach for a bowl of nutritious special K cereal!'... well, don't listen to them. I'm all for health and fitness, I like to use lowfat and sugar free ingredients when possible, and I'm a huge advocate of not eating after 7 p.m. But every once in a while, you are absolutely allowed to cheat! You work hard, eat well and push your mind and your body to the limit during the week, so have a little cheat here and there on the weekend!{side note, there's a slight possibility that the Special K commercial was onto something... seeing as it's currently 4:00 a.m. on Sunday morning and I'm wide awake, watching Practical Magic for the 3897th time and writing this post... I think I may have had a midnight sugar overdose...}

This past Saturday night, my sister, Brooklyn and I had a girls night in. We sipped on white wine and ginger ale cocktails, made homemade mac & cheese and watched Wisconsin Football on TV {kind of... we had the game on, but ended up just chatting in the kitchen the whole time. If anyone asks, I attentively watched the game}. Later on that night, we were craving something sweet but didn't really have anything to curb those cravings. We ended up pulling together a handful of random ingredients, along with a pie crust we had lying around, and created a 'late night pantry pie'.

This creation was literally a random mix of anything and everything we could find at 11:00 p.m. on a Saturday... and it was seriously good.



Late Night Pantry Pie...
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk + 2 tbsp milk
  • 2 cups chocolate mousse {we used pre-packaged chocolate mousse, but an easy recipe for homemade chocolate mousse is available here}
  • 1 pre-made pie crust
  • marshmallows, for topping
Preparation
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the pre-made pie crust per package directions or until golden brown.
  • In a large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, brown sugar and 1/3 cup milk.
  • Once creamy, add melted peanut butter and 2 tbsp milk. 
  • In a separate bowl, combine your ingredients for chocolate mousse {our prepackaged mix required mixing milk and mousse mix on high speed until fluffy}
  • Once your pie crust has cooled, pour the peanut butter cream cheese mixture into the crust and spread evenly. Add the chocolate mousse mixture on top.
  • Cover the pie with marshmallows and freeze for one hour.
  • Remove the pie and serve!
enjoy...


5 comments:

Mandy Hope said...

I'm loving everything about this dessert! I can't wait to make it.

PS: My best friend and I just made those chocolate chip bacon cookies...totally delicious!

JustPatience said...

Looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Patience
www.justpatience.com

Katlin Elizabeth said...

Chocolate mousse is one of my favorite dessert items; I may have to make this with Mandy Hope!

ps: Bacon + chocolate = Heaven on Earth.

meesch said...

@katlin elizabeth - I'm glad the cookies turned out great!

Georgia said...

yuuuumy! can't wait to try this!
Georgia
http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch