-->

Honey Beer Bread...


A good friend of mine's mother-in-law makes the most amazing beer bread I have ever tasted. Well honestly, it's the only beer bread I've ever tasted because I had never had beer bread before visiting their home. It's moist and dense with a ton of flavor and texture, yet not too filling. Ok, that's a bunch of balderdash... I literally eat so much of this bread every time I'm at her house, that I immediately go into a food coma. I suppose, 'not too filling' isn't the proper phrase to use when it comes to a bread that you simply cannot help but overdose on!

To go along with the bread, she serves a mixture of cream cheese and red pepper relish that is literally life-changing. Our entire spring is spent in anticipation of her summer parties at the lake, wake surfing, docking the boat at our favorite townie bar and her amazing beer bread and red pepper relish dip. So, until next summer, which is soooooo far away, here is a recipe from Une-deux Senses for honey beer bread!



Honey Beer Bread
Yields: 1 loaf
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 tbsn. sugar
  • 1 tbsn. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tbsn. warm honey
  • 1 bottle (12 oz.) beer
  • 4 tbsn. butter, melted

Preparation


Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan, set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed, DO NOT OVER MIX! Pour half of the melted butter into the loaf pan. Spoon the batter into the pan and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until the top of the loaf is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

{photos/recipe via Une-Deux Senses}

enjoy...

2 comments:

Heather said...

you had me at beer ;)

Heather

Loulou Downtown said...

Yum! That sounds so good and seems quite easy to make. I will be trying this soon.

Loulou

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch