Check out these adorable homemade sugar cubes from nifty thrifty things. I don't take sugar in my coffee, but I think I might have to make an exception for these precious do-it-yourself sugar cubes...
do you think this recipe would work with a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg? I'm definitely trying it out!
Homemade Sugar Cubes
- granulated white and/or brown sugar
- ice cube tray or candy mold
- Pour about 1/2 cup of sugar into a bowl.
- Use a teaspoon to pour small amounts of water on the sugar, little by little, and mix until it is a paste-like consistency. Make sure the sugar doesn't melt during this process.
- Fill the sugar-water-paste into ice cube trays, about half-way full, and press tight into the mold.
- Let dry overnight.
- Carefully remove the sugar cube from the ice cube tray.