-->

Homemade Sugar Cubes...


Check out these adorable homemade sugar cubes from nifty thrifty things. I don't take sugar in my coffee, but I think I might have to make an exception for these precious do-it-yourself sugar cubes...

do you think this recipe would work with a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg? I'm definitely trying it out!
Homemade Sugar Cubes

  • granulated white and/or brown sugar
  • water
  • bowl
  • teaspoon
  • ice cube tray or candy mold

Preparation

  • Pour about 1/2 cup of sugar into a bowl.
  • Use a teaspoon to pour small amounts of water on the sugar, little by little, and mix until it is a paste-like consistency. Make sure the sugar doesn't melt during this process.
  • Fill the sugar-water-paste into ice cube trays, about half-way full, and press tight into the mold.
  • Let dry overnight.
  • Carefully remove the sugar cube from the ice cube tray.
  • Enjoy!

9 comments:

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

These are awesome! I love the shapes. Your blog is looking fab! xo

meesch said...

Thanks Colleen! By the way, I LOVE your adorable new style posts- great addition, I must say = )

Emilie said...

Hey, I just found your blog =) I really like it so you have a new follower ;)
Hugsfrom Germany

mai said...

Aah, what a cute idea! I was just thinking how this idea would be great on Pinterest and saw you have the "Pin it" button at the botoom. :)

fineandfeathered.com said...

oh my gosh.. SO cute!

roha said...

yummy, this looks delicious....and so cute! :)
you know what? i also follow you on bloglovin now...and i've got a new gadget on my blog with 'blogs i love' - yours is there, because i really like reading it :)
♥ Romi

The Baker said...

I think I would be addicted if I made those. I would just eat them like chips!

A Splash of Ida said...

these are sooooo cute!!! would be cool to add a touch of food coloring as well!!! :-)

Jessica said...

I cant tell you how excited I am to make these! just found your blog and will be back!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch