-->

Homemade Honey Maple Applesauce...


Ahhh yes, tis the season for apple orchards and hay rides... and of course, homemade honey & maple applesauce! The best part of all, is that this was literally the easiest thing I could have made; I made it while I was baking cookies, watching Practical Magic for the 2837597th time and blogging {I was the queen of multitasking this weekend}... and did it ever make my house smell amazing!


Homemade Honey Maple Applesauce...

  • 3 chopped apples {I used golden delicious because I already had them, but honeycrisp, fuji or gala apples are good to use depending on the growing season you're in}
  • 3 tablespoons water 
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • a pinch of ground cloves
  • a pinch of salt
  • a pinch of ground ginger
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla


Preparation

  • Peel and dice apples.
  • In a medium saucepan, add apples, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, maple syrup, honey and salt, cover and let simmer over medium heat for about ten minutes.
  • Remove from heat and add vanilla.
  • Using a potato masher, mash apples well and serve!


enjoy...

2 comments:

Vale said...

very very nice!!!amazing blog!!!i'm following you!! if you like mine,do the same!!

kiss

www.zagufashion.com

Julie said...

That looks very tasty and simple. I'm not much of a cook but I might have to give that a try!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch