-->

Hazelnut Crusted Fried Brie Bites...


A few summers ago, I had a brie and cranberry turkey sandwich that was so rich, so decadent and so savory, that it may or may not still haunt my dreams. The eatery that made these amazing sandwiches has since changed names, and unfortunately, menus as well. I've attempted brie sandwiches elsewhere, but nothing even comes close to the amazing brie and cranberry turkey sandwich that graced my taste buds that wonderful summer. {rest in peace, Twisted Fork brie and cranberry turkey sandwich... I miss you}

In all honesty, I was actually exploring the world wide internets for a brie and cranberry muffin or cupcake of some sort... no such luck. So, until I come up with my own ridiculously delicious brie and cranberry baked good concoction, here is a recipe I found on Babble for hazelnut crusted fried brie bites! 



Hazelnut-Crusted Fried Brie
Adapted from Bon App├ętit, November 1999
  • 1 small wheel of brie, cut into wedges or quarters
  • 1 cup hazelnuts or walnuts, almonds, pecans, or a combination
  • 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
  • 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
  • pinch salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 Tbsp. half & half
  • canola oil, for cooking
Preparation
  • Freeze brie for 30 minutes. Finely chop nuts with sesame seeds, thyme and salt in the bowl of a food processor, then transfer to a shallow bowl. In another bowl, stir together the egg and cream with a fork. Remove cheese from freezer and dip each wedge into egg and then into nuts, turning to coat and pressing the nuts to help them adhere. (You should have a nice thick crust.) Cover with plastic and refrigerate until very cold, at least 45 minutes. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
  • Pour about an inch of oil into a shallow pan or small skillet set over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. (A piece of bread should sizzle when dipped in.) Working in batches, fry brie a couple pieces at a time until deep golden brown, turning as needed. Transfer to paper towels to drain and serve immediately, while still warm.
{photo/recipe via babble}

enjoy...

2 comments:

Halley said...

This is my first time here but If I was near you, I'd hug you. I'd also bring some cranberry sauce so we could dip the brie into it.

What a great recipe!

Julie said...

Brie + cranberry + turkey is a fantastic combination!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch