-->

Halloween Cupcakes...




I didn't have time to get the piping tip I really wanted to use, so the frosting job is less than phenomenal, but aren't these candy corn cupcakes kind of cute?! My lack of perfect piping tip left these cupcakes looking a bit like something out of a Dr. Suess book, but I'm kind of okay with that... 

But alas, I have to be honest with you; these were a last minute project for a Halloween party I am attending, so I doctored up a box cake mix and store-bought frosting... I'm so ashamed of myself.

For the cake, I took an angel food boxed cake mix {again, so ashamed} and added honey and peanut butter chips. I filled the liners 3/4 full and baked at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. For the frosting, I used pink and yellow gel food coloring to make the orange layer. I added honey, lemon juice and marshmallow fluff to store-bought vanilla frosting and whipped it in a stand mixer on medium for about two minutes. I continued this method with another batch of frosting for the yellow layer and then again {without food coloring of course} for the white layer.


Have you made any cute halloween themed desserts this year? Leave the link, I'd love to see them!



10 comments:

Jessi Haish said...

those are so cute! makes me hungry!

Georgia said...

i love the look of the frosting! the colours definitely remind me of dr. seuss.
Georgia

http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com

Babe Jane said...

Wow those cupcakes look so delicious :)

Julie said...

those are so adorable!!! I love them!!

http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

betty said...

aww they look so cute, love the colors!

dulci said...

Yummy! Great color :)

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Marisa Midori said...

Super cute! I hate real candy corn but something about candy corn coloured things just makes me happy haha

Fashion and Mie said...

They look so yummy! :)

http://fashionandmie.blogspot.com/

Magical Day Dream said...

Who cares that you used a bix mix. I think they look amazing and so happy and cute!

x

Marielle

The Baker said...

Yummy!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch