-->

Gooey Raspberry Almond Cake...



Growing up, we frequently had marzipan in the house. You know, those tiny fruit shaped candies that are packaged in a little gold box, wrapped in a bow that you never actually ate because no one actually likes them? Well, we ate those. So by nature, I'm rather partial to the taste {and smell} of almond... and to add to my fondness for all things almond, I live for Crabtree & Evelyn's Sweet Almond Oil line. In an attempt for you to understand why I'm addicted to all things almond, here is an amazing recipe for gooey raspberry almond cake from gooeycheese...




Gooey Raspberry and Almond Cake...
  • 3/4 cup Ground almonds
  • 10 tbsp Butter
  • 3/4 cup Caster sugar
  • 3/4 cup Self raising flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 9 oz Raspberries
  • 2 tbsp flaked almonds
Preparation
  • Heat the oven to 350F. Grease and line 8 inch loose-bottomed cake tin in preparation.
  • Blitz almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract in a food processor until well combined.
  • Spread half of the mixture into the cake tin, sprinkle raspberries on top, and submerge them into the cake mixture slightly then add the remaining mixture.
  • Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 50 minutes until golden.
{recipe/photo via gooeycheese}



enjoy...

2 comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch