-->

Chobani Yogurt & Bacon Mac & Cheese...


A while ago, I had heard of a recipe for Chobani Yogurt Mac & Cheese and I was extremely intrigued. I had been planning on making this recipe for weeks now, and never seemed to get around to it until this past weekend. The original recipe, which can be found here, calls for gruyere cheese, which I do not care for. I ended up modifying the recipe quite a bit, adding bacon, parmesan cheese, red pepper and bleu cheese. 

Side note: I have a habit of putting siracha chili sauce on pretty much everything, and it all started with mac & cheese... unfortunately, I didn't have any lying around this weekend when I made this recipe, but you should definitely give siracha a chance next time you make mac & cheese!



Chobani Yogurt & Bacon Mac & Cheese 
  • 1 cup unseasoned panko breadcrumbs
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 3/4 cups hot skim milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 2 cups grated Cheddar
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1 cup Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 pound medium shells pasta
  • 3 tbsp bleu cheese
  • 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
  • 1/3 cup bacon crumbles
  • extra red pepper, ground pepper and salt for seasoning bread crumbs

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
  • Butter a shallow 1½ -quart ovenproof dish.
  • Melt 3 tablespoons butter and combine well with breadcrumbs in small bowl. Season to taste, Set aside.
  • Melt 3 remaining tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium heat.
  • When butter bubbles, add flour and cook, whisking constantly for 1 to 2 minutes.
  • Slowly pour hot milk into flour-butter mixture, whisking constantly. Continue cooking and stirring every so often, until mixture bubbles and becomes thick enough to coat back of a spoon.
  • Remove pan from heat. Stir in salt, nutmeg, black pepper, red pepper Cheddar and Parmesan. Set cheese sauce aside. When it has cooled for 5 minutes, gently whisk in the yogurt.
  • Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta; cook 2 to 3 minutes fewer than indicated on package directions. Pasta will continue to cook in oven.
  • Drain pasta in colander, and stir into cheese sauce.
  • Add bacon crumbles and distribute evenly.
  • Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Crumble bleu cheese, then breadcrumbs over the top.
  • Bake until brown on top, about 30 minutes. Transfer dish to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes; serve {ideally with siracha sauce... seriously, it's amazing with mac & cheese!}

enjoy...

2 comments:

a cup of subtle tea said...

I had seen the original recipe and was intrigued so I will have to try your modified version!

xoxohannah
a cup of subtle tea

Jillian said...

You had me at Blue Cheese <3
THIS I will be trying asap.

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch