-->

Vanilla Bean Sables with Nutella Filling...


I must admit, the first time I had Nutella was about a year ago... I'm so ashamed to admit that fact because it is unmistakably the most amazing spread in the world... And I say the term 'spread' loosely, due to the fact that I have absolutely zero willpower... and I would literally put Nutella on anything and everything {which is why I will never purchase my own jar of nutella... I just clean out my friend kat's supply when I'm at her abode}.

Vanilla bean sables with nutella filling from happygrub...






Vanilla Bean Sables with Nutella Filling

  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 8 tbsp {1 stick} unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar {finely ground sugar}
  • 1 large free-range egg, beaten
  • 1/3 cup finely ground almonds
  • 1 vanilla bean, scraped
  • Nutella for filling

Preparation

  • For the vanilla, scrape the bean with a butter knife. Don’t discard the pod! Save the pod to be placed  into your pot of castor sugar for vanilla sugar.
  • Cream the butter,vanilla and sugar together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.Gradually work in the egg.
  • With the mixer on its slowest setting, add the flour a spoonful at a time, then the nuts. Stop mixing as soon as the dough comes together.
  • Pop into freezer for half hour, then shape into logs. Freeze for 1 hour. 
  • Take out and cut into pieces 5 mm thick. Place on well buttered baking sheet or silicon sheet. 
  • To bake, preheat the oven to 320 degrees F. 
  • Bake for about 20-30 minutes until very pale golden. Leave to cool. Use a butter knife and dip into nutella jar which has been left out at room temperature. Place a small dollop of nutella on one cookie and sandwich with another.

enjoy...

2 comments:

kristina@beancakes ★ said...

stumbled upon your lovely blog. and this looks amazing, i just love nutella!!
xx ~ ks

meesch said...

@Kristina - glad you found the site! and even thought I am new to the Nutella phenomenon, i'm absolutely addicted!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch