-->

Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella & Basil...

Caprese salad is my all-time favorite. It's simple, it's light, full of flavor... it's amazing.

I have a pretty unique idea for a caprese recipe for a dinner party I'm attending this weekend... so until I bring that recipe idea to life, here is a recipe for prosciutto wrapped mozzarella & basil...

{via the wicked noodle}

Prosciutto-Wrapped Mozzarella & Basil

  • 8 thin slices prosciutto (preferably imported), halved lengthwise
  • 8 large basil leaves, torn in half
  • 8 small fresh mozzarella balls (about 1-inch in diameter), halved
  • 8 ripe grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil

Preparation

Arrange 8 slices of prosciutto flat on a cutting board and put a piece of basil on one end of each slice. Top each piece of basil with a piece of mozzarella and a tomato half, matching the cut sides to make a ball. Season very lightly with salt and generously with pepper and then roll up the balls in the prosciutto. Secure each with a toothpick and set on a platter. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.


enjoy...

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I am absolutely salivating looking at this picture. =] Great job!

meesch said...

@teresa - just you wait for the caprese recipe i'm cooking up this weekend! it'll be amazing!

Melissa Danielle said...

This is definitely on my to-do list when I get back home.

Great photo.

Victoria'sProcrastinationProject said...

OMG those prosciutto wrapped mozzarella & basil balls looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.

http://victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch