-->

pecan french toast cupcake...

Since today is Thursday, and I have officially declared Thursdays as my cupcake day, I stopped by Classy Girl Cupcakes today for lunch {yes, I had a cupcake for lunch... nutrition was obviously my first priority today}...


I had the absolute pleasure of trying out a pecan french toast cupcake, and it was amazing! It was a dry, crumbly cinnamon flavored cake with a creamy, rich and {for lack of a better word} 'french toasty' frosting. The only reason I say 'french toasty' is because it literally tasted like everything you would find in french toast... you could taste the bread, the eggs, the cinnamon, the vanilla, the pecans... everything! It was very rich, but not too rich that it turned you off after a few bites. I somehow ended up eating the cake faster than the frosting, so when all was said and done.. all i had left was frosting and no cake! but, let me tell you, as amazing as the frosting was, it almost needed the cinnamon cake below it to really round out the french toast flavor. Without the cake, the frosting was very sugary and tasted nothing like what i had experienced a few bites earlier {don't get me wrong, i'm in no way complaining!}.

I love this cupcakery like it was my own. I was so excited when they first opened up in Milwaukee {and not too far from my apartment, might I add} and have been a loyal patron ever since. My only issue with this bakery however, is that they tend to play it very safe with their flavors... they have the standards: chocolate chocolate chip, vanilla bean, lemon pound cake, butter yellow, white, ghirardelli chocolate, etc... but they rarely have risky flavors! I just hope that they start to branch out a bit and get a little adventurous with their recipes {and I promise you, even though they play it safe, they're all still amazing recipes}...

3 comments:

jill said...

french toast cupcake? what? I want one!

x. jill
those ghosts

fitinthemidwest said...

That cupcake looks delicious and the flavor sounds yummy! I haven't been to classy girl cupcakes yet or any cupcake place in Milwaukee for that matter.

meesch said...

@fitinthemidwest , my three favorites in the midwest are molly's cupcakes in chicago, classy girl cupcakes in milwaukee, miss julias bakeshop in brookfield,wis. and daisy cafe and cupcakery in madison (AMAZINGGGG flavors!) - you should check one out sometime!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch