-->

Miss Wisconsin...


This weekend, I watched my gorgeous friend Tay compete in the Miss Wisconsin pageant in Fon du Lac, Wisconsin. Tay's no stranger to the pageant scene, as she's been doing pageants basically all her life... here are a few photos from the preliminaries {swimsuit and evening gown}...

I have never been to one of her pageants before, so this whole experience was very new to me. The personality and demeanor of everyone involved in this pageant was so foreign to me, something I thought only existed in Stepford... Everyone is extremely proper and overbearingly friendly... all smiles, impossibly perfect hair, -17 percent body fat, 10 inch heels and absolutely flawless... 

When the pageant organizer went over all the sponsors and prize package donors for this pageant, my jaw dropped. These girls have so much riding on this pageant {their pick of college scholarships, a modeling program scholarship, year long gym memberships, cash prizes... the list went on for about an hour...}. I also never realized how important these girls are to society. These are not just pretty faces with gallons of hairspray, sparkles and overbearing pageant mothers; they're published authors, CEO's, charity founders, law society presidents and cancer survivors and supporters... 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch