-->

Made in Milwaukee...

I kicked off my Labor Day weekend with the Made in Milwaukee Festival at Cathedral Square. The festival was an all-day event featuring local businesses, artists, beers, music, food and more. The morning started out with thunderstorms, but by the time 9:00 a.m. rolled around, skies were blue, the air was warm and people were happy and ready to have fun {those blue skies quickly turned gray later on in the day, oh well...}.

We got to the festival at 9:00 a.m. when all the vendors were still setting their booths up. Since I got there early, I was able to meet so many wonderful artists, farmers, vendors and activists. I will be the first to tell you that my city is amazing, but I had no idea that Milwaukee was chalk full of so much creativity and talent... {and flowers! where do all these gorgeous flowers come from? the only foliage I see in this city are the trees full of power lines outside my bedroom windows...}



The girls from the Victory Garden Initiative, so adorable!



Dog pizza, pretzels, brownies, s'mores and beer {yes, dog beer} from The Doggy Bag.
Don't worry, I asked about the chocolate! They melt down carob chips for the s'mores and brownies and the dogs love them!



Honeycomb and beeswax from a local Milwaukee Beekeeper


Honey popcorn!


The flowers that now reside in my apartment... Nothing makes me happier than farmer's market flowers {and that fact that i only spent $5 all day!}.

Rock the Green is an upcoming music festival here in Milwaukee that will be featuring The Fray, Michelle Branch, Fitz and the Tantrums, Ben Folds, Parachute and Evan Christian. The festival is the Midwest's first 'near-zero' waste festival, sponsored by Veolia Environmental Services. For more information about Rock the Green, click here...

 Sprecher Brewery made this Special Amber for the event... I cannot wait to try one at the festival!
{of course I secured my tickets the day before they officially went on sale... I am that excited for this festival...}


After I left the festival around noon, I stopped over at the East Side Green Market at Beans 'n Barley on North. It's a tiny little market but they had some beautiful produce... pickles are so much more appealing when they're sold out of a bucket in a parking lot...

{I may or may not question my judgement on that last statement...}




Milwaukee, 
I love you.



2 comments:

PHILO said...

oh I love those countryside photos! the coloured-dresses are so great!! enjoy your time!!

♥♥♥ xoxox
http://miss-philo.blogspot.com/

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

So glad you got to go! I wanted to but we were out of town for a wedding. Excited to discover another blogger in Milwaukee - I don't know why it takes me so long! xoxo

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch