-->

Iris from Cirque Du Soleil...


I had the pleasure of seeing an excerpt performance of Iris on America's Got Talent last night and I was absolutely astonished... seriously amazed. 

Cirque du Soleil is known for their theatrics and acrobatics, but this show is a journey through the world of cinema, so it's even more theatrical than you can imagine.

'This new production from Cirque du Soleil is a lyrical, fanciful, kinetic foray into the seventh art. Bringing together dance, acrobatics, live video, filmed sequences and animation, the show takes spectators on a fantastic voyage through the history of cinema and its genres, taking them into the heart of the movie-making process. From illustration to animation, black and white to colour, silent films to talkies, fixed shots to swooping camera movements, spectators witness the poetic construction/deconstruction of this art as an object and as a way of transcending reality.'


If anything, listen to the amazing score by Danny Elfman and tell me you don't feel like you're in a Tim Burton movie... 

{I am blown away...}












0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch