-->

Homemade Tagliatelle...



Earlier this year, I got the chance to make homemade pasta with the amazing culinary teachers at the Chopping Block in Lincoln Square {view post here}. Since I do not have my own pasta machine, I figured my pasta making days were over.

This recipe from maitre de moda however, shows you how to make your own homemade tagliatelle by hand... without the use of a pasta machine.

Looks like I'm back in the pasta game...









Homemade Tagliatelle

  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. coarse salt
  • 3 eggs, 1 egg yolk
  • 3-4 tbsp. water
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil


Preparation

  • Form the flour into a well and add the final four ingredients in the center. Stir ingredients together with a fork until they are all incorporated together. Knead the dough, adding water as necessary to bind. Add flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Knead dough for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
  • Score the dough into four equal parts and roll each thinly with a rolling pin. Once thin, fold dough into a rectangle shape. Roll thinly once more. Fold the dough into thirds and roll thinly a third and final time, into a rectangle. Flour and place aside on a sheet of wax paper. Repeat for the remaining three portions of dough.
  • Starting at one end, roll the dough lengthwise halfway. From the other end, roll the dough to meet the other side in the middle. Once the two are together, cut strips to desired thickness, unraveling the pasta once it has been cut. Toss with a bit of flour and let dry on the wax paper while you continue with the remaining dough.
  • Add the completed tagliatelle to a large pot of boiling salted water for 2-4 minutes.
  • Drain and top with your your favorite choice of sauce.


enjoy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch