-->

herbes de provence popcorn...

Popcorn has never been a favorite of mine. I generally go snack-free at the movies or opt for pretzels when i'm at home. My sister Brooklyn however, loves to make popcorn every time she comes for a visit. The last time she was in town, we made caramel apple popcorn. As delicious as it was... I could only last about a handful and a half {popcorn makes  me excruciatingly thirsty}.

This recipe however, which was a 2011 flavor combination pick for McCormick Seasonings, looked too good to pass by. Here is the recipe for Herbes de Provence Popcorn...

{via cupcakes and crablegs}

Herbes de Provence and Popcorn

  • 8 cups popped popcorn. 
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
  • 1 garlic clove, finely minced
  • 2 tablespoon herbs de Provence (a blend of dried marjoram, thyme, summer savory, basil, rosemary, sage, and fennel) 


Preparation

  • In a large pot, add 1/4 Cup vegetable oil.
  • Heat on medium high, add a few kernels to the oil.
  • When the first kernels pop add the rest of the popcorn kernels.
  • Melt butter in small saucepan; add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in herbs de Provence.
  • Place popcorn in large bowl. Toss flavored butter mixture.

enjoy... 

3 comments:

Emily Bayley said...

That looks delightful!



emilybayley
http://fashionwallfleur.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Mmmm...I'm a big popcorn person - I bet I would love this! And if you know the recipe for the caramel apple one you and your sister made.... :)

meesch said...

@katie - put the popcorn in a Tupperware bowl (make sure it has a lid). in a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, granulated sugar and crushed apple jack cereal (all to taste). Then spray the popcorn with spray butter, sprinkle on your caramel apple mixture, pop the lid on the tupperware, and shake!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch