-->

Cinnamon Basil Shortbread...


My good friend Kat makes these amazing lemon basil shortbread cookies that are so insanely savory and sweet at the same time. The last time she made them, she brought them to a girls weekend up north, and let's just say I had more than a few... {shortbread is absolutely not something you want to overdose on... my sugar coma lasted more than a few hours...}

Until I get to try out Kat's amazing lemon basil shortbread cookies again, here is karma per diem's recipe for cinnamon basil shortbread...

{via karma per diem}

Cinnamon Basil Shortbread Cookies
  • 2 cups all-purpose (I use unbleached) flour
  • 1/8 cup fine ground cornmeal
  • 10 fresh cinnamon-basil leaves (+/-, depend. on your need for cinnamon basil)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon basil flowers, opt.
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 sticks cold butter, cut into pieces
  • 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
  • 1 egg

Preparation

  • Place first nine ingredients (everything but egg) into food processor and pulse until mixture resembles sand. 
  • Add egg and pulse, scraping sides of bowl if necessary, until egg is incorporated into mixture. Form dough into a log about 2” in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator overnight.
  • The next day, preheat oven to 350°. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. 
  • Cut dough into 1/4″ slices and bake 7-10 minutes until bottom only of cookie is light golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 2.5 dozen cookies.

enjoy...

2 comments:

Bun said...

NOMMM! these look so yummy! I must try...

xoxo bun
http://www.bybun.com/

xoxo, dania said...

cinnamon and basil?! what a unique combination!

http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch