-->

Blueberry Dumplings...


Dumplings are phenomenal. They're little pockets of happiness that just explode with flavor and texture. The last time I had a dumpling was in Tunica, Mississippi at Paula Deen's Restaurant, and let me tell you... Paula knows dumplings. 

However, this post is not about Paula Deen; This post is about dumplings... blueberry dumplings!



Blueberry Dumplings...

  • 1¼ cups of plain flour + extra
  • ½ cup hot water (not boiling)
  •  ½ cup blueberries
  • 1 tsp white sugar + extra
  • thickened cream to serve
Preparation
  • Place flour in a mixing bowl and add hot water. Mix with a spoon until the mixture becomes doughy. Take out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is soft, smooth and elastic. Add a little more flour if it’s too sticky.
  • Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface to about 2mm thin. Using a drinking glass (about 8-9cm / 3-3.5" in diameter) cut circles out of the dough. Roll up the scraps and repeat with the rest.
  • Sprinkle blueberries with 1 teaspoon white sugar and mix. Place a teaspoon of berries into the centre of the pastry, fold over and pinch the edges firmly. Repeat.
  • Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook dumplings for about 3-4 minutes (they will float to the surface and become slightly translucent when ready).
  • Serve with a good drizzle of cream and a sprinkling of white sugar.
  • Spray any leftover dumplings with cooking spray to prevent them from sticking to each other and keep in the fridge. Leftover dumplings can be reheated in boiling water for about 1 minute.
{recipe/photo via wholesome cook}

enjoy...

1 comments:

My Peace Of Food said...

I have never known a dumpling with fruit in it. I can just imagine it exploding in my mouth! I like the idea of the blueberry specifically, too, because they become so rich when they're warm, not overly sweet. I make empanadas, so I know I can do this!

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch