-->

Al's Run 2011...


Every year, for the past five years, I have participated in the Briggs and Stratton Al's Run/Walk for Children's Hospital. Over the years, this event alone has raised more than $12 million for the children of Children's Hospital. Last year, the race drew over 15,000 runners and walkers, many of them Marquette University athletes, students and alumni. 

Al McGuire, the late Marquette University basketball coach, founded this event in 1978. After 15 years of participating in the event, Al retired from his duties as event organizer and Briggs and Stratton officially took on the role of sponsoring this amazing charity run/walk...


 

I started my morning out with a gorgeous drive in the country. The fields were covered in fog, it was so serene. 







 The amazing architecture of Santiago Calatrava for the Milwaukee Art Museum.


These little kids cheered on the runners with, 'You can do it!' and 'We believe in you!'... absolutely precious... 


The end of the race left us exploring in the Third Ward {one of my favorite past times!}... 


1 comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch