-->

what to do with rosemary...


last night, i brought home a jungle from my local nursery. i had a hanging plant on my balcony that, well, didn't make it, so i needed to find a replacement. i ended up coming home with six different plants, one of which was a hanging basket of rosemary. 

{via bren's scrapbook}

the smell of rosemary is extremely fragrant. i made the unfortunate mistake of putting my new plant in the backseat of my car on the ride home from the nursery {which by the way, i use the term 'local nursery' loosely due to the 25 minutes it took me to get there during milwaukee rush hour and construction}. by the time i got home, i had almost passed out from the scent of rosemary. but near medical scare aside, i now have a hanging basket of rosemary on my balcony and i needed to find some recipes that i can use it in.

if you've ever been to an italian restaurant that serves bread and dipping oil before a meal, you know that it can be addictive and filling. so instead of going out and purchasing a pre-made bottle of dipping oil, here is an easy recipe from bren's scrapbook for rosemary garlic dipping oil.

Rosemary Garlic dipping oil
  • 6 cloves of garlic, minced 
  • 1 rosemary sprig
  • 2 tsp of dried chili pepper
  • 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
-In a small sauce pan, combine the ingredients and cook under medium-low heat till the garlic is golden. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. {You can prepare this a day in advance.}
recipe courtesy of bren's scrapbook 



enjoy... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you all took the time to visit my site & I especially love hearing all about it! Make sure to leave the link to your blog, I would love to check it out!

xo, meesch